Map or list of users where they subscribe them selves.

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
cs.dk

Map or list of users where they subscribe them selves.

Post by cs.dk » Sat May 19, 2018 3:12 pm

English isn't my native, so I didn't know where to post, or making a relevant thread title.

What i'm looking for is a sort of "map" or a "list", that users can join/subscripe. It's a car-forum, and to know where someone who have a tester, and are ready to use it are located.
Is there some sort of extension? If I just know a search tag, I can search and test my self.
Of course, the users could send me a PM, i'll update the list daily. It would be a nightmare to administer.

http://www.vagcars.dk/phpbb/vcds.php have a "VCDS card", but you can't click on the specific user to send a PM, etc. IMO, thats worthless to copy.

Hope someone have an idea.

Thanks in advance.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Map or list of users where they subscribe them selves.

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat May 19, 2018 4:04 pm

sorry, can you try again. I have no idea what "who have a tester, and are ready to use it are located." means.
what is this list for? why would you need to update it ? etc.

that link you gave us just goes to a login screen for that board.

robert

cs.dk

Post by cs.dk » Sun May 20, 2018 7:50 am

Language barrier :roll: :oops:

Well, users that have a diagnostic tool, and are ready to help others, should be on a list. Maybe index'ed by zip-code, and with a link to their profile/PM.
The point is, there is no need for them to PM me or another mod; "Hi, I have a diagnostic tool in 8000 Aarhus C", and then we have to update the list manually.

Sorry, yes the link to vagcars are only for registered users. I was not aware of it.

I hope this makes more sense.

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:11 am

I am not exactly sure what it is that you want to do with this but have you looked at using an "open" User Group where members join by themselves?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Return to “Extension Requests”