Map or list of users where they subscribe them selves.

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
cs.dk

Map or list of users where they subscribe them selves.

Post by cs.dk »

English isn't my native, so I didn't know where to post, or making a relevant thread title.

What i'm looking for is a sort of "map" or a "list", that users can join/subscripe. It's a car-forum, and to know where someone who have a tester, and are ready to use it are located.
Is there some sort of extension? If I just know a search tag, I can search and test my self.
Of course, the users could send me a PM, i'll update the list daily. It would be a nightmare to administer.

http://www.vagcars.dk/phpbb/vcds.php have a "VCDS card", but you can't click on the specific user to send a PM, etc. IMO, thats worthless to copy.

Hope someone have an idea.

Thanks in advance.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Map or list of users where they subscribe them selves.

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

sorry, can you try again. I have no idea what "who have a tester, and are ready to use it are located." means.
what is this list for? why would you need to update it ? etc.

that link you gave us just goes to a login screen for that board.

robert
cs.dk

Post by cs.dk »

Language barrier :roll: :oops:

Well, users that have a diagnostic tool, and are ready to help others, should be on a list. Maybe index'ed by zip-code, and with a link to their profile/PM.
The point is, there is no need for them to PM me or another mod; "Hi, I have a diagnostic tool in 8000 Aarhus C", and then we have to update the list manually.

Sorry, yes the link to vagcars are only for registered users. I was not aware of it.

I hope this makes more sense.
david63

Post by david63 »

I am not exactly sure what it is that you want to do with this but have you looked at using an "open" User Group where members join by themselves?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “Extension Requests”