Ip-logging extension?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
Isthislegit

Ip-logging extension?

Post by Isthislegit » Sun May 20, 2018 11:35 am

Is there any ip-logging extention? How do I turn off ip-logging?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Ip-logging extension?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun May 20, 2018 12:36 pm

what IP logging do you want to turn off?

why do you want to? the IP someone was using when they signed up may or may not be the same one they use when they visit the next time.

the one someone uses when they post may not even be the same one the next post they make on the same visit.

IP addresses normally tell you nothing about a person other than the name of their ISP and maybe the name of the city/town they are in.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Isthislegit

Post by Isthislegit » Sun May 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 12:36 pm

why do you want to? the IP someone was using when they signed up may or may not be the same one they use when they visit the next time.

the one someone uses when they post may not even be the same one the next post they make on the same visit.

IP addresses normally tell you nothing about a person other than the name of their ISP and maybe the name of the city/town they are in.

robert
All. When posting, become member etc...

The forum is for illegal stuff in that country, so If the forum was comprimised by police, its best not to have IP at all.

Isthislegit

Post by Isthislegit » Sun May 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Sun May 20, 2018 12:36 pm

robert
I saw this thread viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2385946

And I've also searched the whole forum, nodbody seems to have info about turning off IP-logging exept this guide.. does it still work? OR is there an extenstion?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun May 20, 2018 1:01 pm

you are probably going to have to choose a different bulletin board software.

first, phpbb uses IPs for several different reason. even though they are not reliable as an indicator of who or where a visitor is.

second, I am pretty sure you won't get much help around here for a board that is being used for illegal purposes no matter what the country is.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Isthislegit

Post by Isthislegit » Sun May 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Sun May 20, 2018 1:01 pm
you are probably going to have to choose a different bulletin board software.

first, phpbb uses IPs for several different reason. even though they are not reliable as an indicator of who or where a visitor is.

second, I am pretty sure you won't get much help around here for a board that is being used for illegal purposes no matter what the country is.

robert
wow, so quick to judge. I said it was illegal in the country.. its not selling crack online. Anyways.. is there an way.. saw a guide but wondering if it works?

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun May 20, 2018 1:08 pm

illegal is illegal. doesn't matter what the crime is. my point was not to judge, it was letting you know that most people around here will not help anyone with circumventing the law using phpbb.
as for that topic, have you tried it to see if it still works?
that would be the best way to find out.

robert

Return to “Extension Requests”