Extension in which links will only be clickable in one section

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
Daria_G_

Extension in which links will only be clickable in one section

Post by Daria_G_ »

Hi.
I'm planning to set up a discussion board on my site, in which by default I would turn off clickable links in both posts and signatures (i.e. there would be no active [url] or other html).
However, I would like to allow to insert any advertising and spamming posts with clickable links in only one section.
I haven't found such a modification, so I am asking you for help :)
Thanks.
Daria_G_

Re: Extension in which links will only be clickable in one section

Post by Daria_G_ »

Does anyone know how to disable parsing link on board except one section?
david63

Post by david63 »

Daria_G_ wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:57 am Does anyone know how to disable parsing link on board except one section?
I am fairly sure that you will need an extension to do that.
Daria_G_ wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:50 am However, I would like to allow to insert any advertising and spamming posts with clickable links
Are you sure about that?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

Daria_G_ wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:50 am Hi.
I'm planning to set up a discussion board on my site, in which by default I would turn off clickable links in both posts and signatures (i.e. there would be no active [url] or other html).
However, I would like to allow to insert any advertising and spamming posts with clickable links in only one section.
I haven't found such a modification, so I am asking you for help :)
Thanks.
You'd need an extension, you could parse $event['page_data']['MESSAGE'] in posting_modify_template_vars to do it simply, and if a user is in a certain group then don't parse it. More common solutions for advertising in the topic view are having some sort of dummy post after the first post id or before post id, or just a banner image.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension

Return to “Extension Requests”