Anti Bot registration question

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
Lascard

Anti Bot registration question

Post by Lascard » Tue May 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi
I am looking for a couple of extensions or mods for 3.2.2 . I have read thru the wole list of released extensions to no avail (but english is not my mothertongue language)

1/ What's the name of the extension to simply add a question to the registration form for phpBB 3.2.2 ? this is apparently used on this phpbb.com board (i just registered) and used to be called Anti Bot Question for earlier versions of 3.0.x
I dont want any captcha or captcha related mods as robots can eventually read these better than most of my (elderly) visitors

2/ Is there an extension for the forum logged in users to rate the best posts or threads/topics (e.g. 1 to 5 stars), so the best threads would show up in Google SERPs with some stars attached to their description ?

Many thanks for your help

kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Re: Anti Bot registration question

Post by kinerity » Tue May 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Lascard wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:52 pm
1/ What's the name of the extension to simply add a question to the registration form for phpBB 3.2.2 ? this is apparently used on this phpbb.com board (i just registered) and used to be called Anti Bot Question for earlier versions of 3.0.x
I dont want any captcha or captcha related mods as robots can eventually read these better than most of my (elderly) visitors
That's called the Q&A captcha and i'ts built-in to phpBB.

How to configure Q&A
  1. Administration Control Panel (ACP) > Spambot countermeasures> Installed plugins > click the dropdown box and select Q&A (it will be greyed out)
  2. Click the configure button then click add
  3. Add your question and answer (you need a Q&A for each language you have installed) click submit
  4. Click "back to previous page" then click "back"
  5. Select Q&A from the dropdown box (again)
  6. Click submit at the bottom of the page.
  7. Done.
Lascard wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:52 pm
2/ Is there an extension for the forum logged in users to rate the best posts or threads/topics (e.g. 1 to 5 stars), so the best threads would show up in Google SERPs with some stars attached to their description ?
Something like this?
Kailey Truscott - Community Team

Lascard

Re: Anti Bot registration question

Post by Lascard » Tue May 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Great, thanks Kailey !

Return to “Extension Requests”