Problem: Reply with quote

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
LuigiMdg

Problem: Reply with quote

Post by LuigiMdg »

PhpBB: 3.2.1
PHP: 7.1
Ext: tas2580/seourls
Github: https://github.com/tas2580/seourls

The problem would seem to be due to the fact that sometimes clicking on Reply with quote is not redirected to the root posting.php file, but the category before the file is added ..!

For example, instead of:
pronosticiippica.it/posting.php?mode=quote&f=21&p=16202
You are redirected to:
pronosticiippica.it/staff-f21/posting.php?mode=quote&f=21&p=16202
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: Problem: Reply with quote

Post by Paul »

To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.2.x] Extension Database Releases forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extensions's topic in the Extensions in Development forum.
LuigiMdg

Post by LuigiMdg »

The extension isn't in the list :(
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

That extension was abandoned. There is no support for abandoned extensions. You will need to contact the author directly or remove it.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
LuigiMdg

Post by LuigiMdg »

KevC wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 am That extension was abandoned. There is no support for abandoned extensions. You will need to contact the author directly or remove it.
Can you tell me an alternative for PhpBB 3.2?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Not that I know of.
If you believe it makes a jot of difference to your SEO that they are human friendly then you can request an extension.
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
LuigiMdg

Post by LuigiMdg »

KevC wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:45 pm Not that I know of.
If you believe it makes a jot of difference to your SEO that they are human friendly then you can request an extension.
Of course.. It makes a big difference!
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

There are lots of topics on here that are worth a read. Many believe it makes little to no difference at all.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

KevC wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:13 pm There are lots of topics on here that are worth a read. Many believe it makes little to no difference at all.
including google
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
LuigiMdg

Post by LuigiMdg »

I do not agree with this line of thought
david63

Post by david63 »

LuigiMdg wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:57 pm I do not agree with this line of thought
And that is your prerogative - however there are may that do, especially when it appears to continually cause problems.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
LuigiMdg

Post by LuigiMdg »

I see..
However, the author of that extension seems to be completely untraceable ..
Is not there a forum section where you can ask for help? After all it should not be very complicated .. I think it's more than a forgetfulness ..
Lumpy Burgertushie

no telling where he went . it could be that he finally understood that there is no actual benefit to his extension. that is also probably why you don't see anybody else creating one.

humans don't care what the link says, they just click on it. search engines do not care much if any about the file name. they understand just fine about dynamic php/database based sites and their urls. since google is like the god of SEO stuff, I think I would trust what they say about human friendly urls not making much , if any, difference for SEO.

luck,
robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
LuigiMdg

Post by LuigiMdg »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:51 pm no telling where he went . it could be that he finally understood that there is no actual benefit to his extension. that is also probably why you don't see anybody else creating one.

humans don't care what the link says, they just click on it. search engines do not care much if any about the file name. they understand just fine about dynamic php/database based sites and their urls. since google is like the god of SEO stuff, I think I would trust what they say about human friendly urls not making much , if any, difference for SEO.

luck,
robert
And the TLD is important for you..? :)
Lumpy Burgertushie

sorry what does that mean? I know what a tld is but I don't know what your question means in the context of this discussion..

robert

Return to “Extension Requests”