Creating a mileage log?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
cvma274webmaster

Creating a mileage log?

Post by cvma274webmaster »

I run a members only board for a motorcycle organization. The organization tracks members mileage to various events throughout the year. The members are awarded for various levels of mileage at the end of the year. What's the best way for the users to enter their own mileage for each event and a total mileage be calculated as the year progresses?

Thanks in advance!
Total newbie here. I'm learning as I go!
david63

Re: Creating a mileage log?

Post by david63 »

Obviously if your members are entering the data themselves there will need to be a degree of honesty from them.

One way would be to have a forum for the year and each member created their own topic where after each event they would enter their mileage, and then at the end of the year you would go through and add them all up.

Another option could be to have one topic where each member would have a reply which they could edit with their milrage.

There is nothing within phpBB that would automatically calculate the annual total - for that you would need an extension.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Creating a mileage log?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

or, you could create a custom profile field for the mileage. the member would need to go to his/her profile and enter the mileage in the form. not sure if you can create one that would automatically keep track and update totals etc. so
you might have to do the extension as was said.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.

Return to “Extension Requests”