Help with searchbar

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
kent_star

Help with searchbar

Post by kent_star »

Hello there.
I use phpBB SiteMaker and Pages to make some sites in my phpbb forum, but my search will not work in there, i cant search after anything.
Anyone who know what it can be?
AmigoJack

Re: Help with searchbar

Post by AmigoJack »

Yes: the board search only scans posts and the member search scans only users and their profile data. There is nothing that searches i.e. forum titles or PMs, likewise you're unable to find anything on i.e. FAQ.

Go to wherever you downloaded the extension and request what you want (chances are the author has no clue how to implement that).
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28
kent_star

Post by kent_star »

Are there other ways to make boxes, in a forum so the search box can be used?

Something like this...

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

kent_star wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:54 pmto make boxes, in a forum
That's one major downside of all non-posts: they can neither be searched, nor found. Seriously, consider realizing it thru creating topics and posts - that way you should have fewer disadvantages.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28

Return to “Extension Requests”