Subscription/Donation extension?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
ubersolutionist

Subscription/Donation extension?

Post by ubersolutionist » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi All,

I've been cruising the extensions library looking for an extension that would allow users to select a donation amount
$0.00 to $??? when they sign up for the forums.

I configured my board so that users must register to post. As they register, I would like for them to be forced to select a donation option - from zero to $100? or whatever. I can't find a plug in for this.

If such exists, please send the link or name/location. If it doesn't exist, please construct it. I think it would be popular.

I've got my forum re-skinned: casebycase.solutions, but I'm new here and may have missed something obvious.
Thanks

Toxyy

Re: Subscription/Donation extension?

Post by Toxyy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:32 am

If you manually approve each person you could just make normal members not be able to see anything but your message and after they donate you put them in the donators group.

There's also this:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... extension/
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:10 am

Toxyy wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:32 am
make normal members not be able to see anything but your message and after they donate you put them in the donators group
If prospective new users don’t see what they’re getting for their money they won’t be donating. OP, it’s bad enough trying to get a user base as it is for free so how do you expect to get a healthy membership asking for money before they signup?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 am

Mick wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:10 am
Toxyy wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:32 am
make normal members not be able to see anything but your message and after they donate you put them in the donators group
If prospective new users don’t see what they’re getting for their money they won’t be donating. OP, it’s bad enough trying to get a user base as it is for free so how do you expect to get a healthy membership asking for money before they signup?
Maybe he has another site/product and he's selling access to the knowledge pool?
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity

ubersolutionist

Post by ubersolutionist » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:33 pm

Thanks for the replies.
People have told me this works well for them. When users have a zero option, some contribute.

I'm going with paypal. Thanks again.

Return to “Extension Requests”