Question about forum on php

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
merry8810

Question about forum on php

Post by merry8810 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:37 am

Hello i'm new on this forum,i have only 1 question that i cant found the answer.
I try to create forum on phpbb3,and my idea for my forum is, when some new user create account, too see something like this

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Question about forum on php

Post by Mick » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:13 am

It’s bad enough trying to get a user base as it is for free so how do you expect to get a healthy membership asking for money before they signup? What makes you think people will pay before joining your board?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

There are no ‘threads’ in phpBB, they are topics.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:04 am

Might make more sense to flip it around a bit.

Set up the reg page with the Q&A antispam requiring a specific code to create the account.

Once they pay, you email them the code they need to create the account. Then you don't need that message at all.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

merry8810

Post by merry8810 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Mick wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:13 am
It’s bad enough trying to get a user base as it is for free so how do you expect to get a healthy membership asking for money before they signup? What makes you think people will pay before joining your board?
This is not the answer that i expect ,anyway thank you for your post.
I will continute to search

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm

With reference to Mick's comment, the first thing to do is to think....what would I do if I was coming to that site? Would you stump up $20 to get to a site you haven't even seen yet?
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

merry8810

Post by merry8810 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:37 pm

KevC wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:11 pm
With reference to Mick's comment, the first thing to do is to think....what would I do if I was coming to that site? Would you stump up $20 to get to a site you haven't even seen yet?
I have some ideas that's why i ask for help ,i dont understand why it is need it to to explain everything,i just ask for little help,if you dont want to help me Then ok

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:39 pm

But it's better to explain the total idea, as the way you think it needs to be done might not be the best way or may not even need an extension.
Cheap UK Hosting

merry8810

Post by merry8810 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:55 pm

KevC wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:39 pm
But it's better to explain the total idea, as the way you think it needs to be done might not be the best way or may not even need an extension.
i will try to explain,im not sure how much u will understand me because my english is not good(for speaking)
SO my idea is.i have chronic problems for 8 years,and i found way to cure.and i want to create 1 simple forum about this problem with charge.

and share the way that i cured...
Last edited by merry8810 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merry8810

Post by merry8810 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:55 pm

GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:48 pm

Even though something like this can be done, but you may wait for it for a long time and not even get it. If you want to enrich (share your experience) with others, then it should be without greed/expectations (free of cost). By adding a simple donation extension (you can find it in CDB), people may/can donate and not because they are forced to do so, but because they want to (out of free will).
"When answer lies in the question,.. question becomes redundant!"

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 pm

merry8810 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:55 pm
KevC wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:39 pm
i will try to explain,im not sure how much u will understand me because my english is not good(for speaking)
SO my idea is.i have chronic problems for 8 years,and i found way to cure.and i want to create 1 simple forum about this problem with charge.

and share the way that i cured...
That's fine but do the people know what they're paying for before they register? How much of the forum can they see in order to get a feeling for how many posts and how much knowledge is in the forum they're paying to get to? Like I said before, would you pay to access a forum where you don't really know what it is yet? What are they getting for their money? It's things like that you need to think about or you won't get any members or any money.

As mentioned above, a donation button might work better unless you're genuinely providing information that really is worth people paying for.
Cheap UK Hosting

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:26 pm

I would also point out that asking for money to provide medical advice from unqualified people is illegal in some countries.

I am guessing that you have no medical qualifications otherwise you would not be adopting this approach.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

merry8810

Post by merry8810 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Thank you all for the answers,and opinions.
I will try to fix this alone

Return to “Extension Requests”