ReCaptcha on contact form

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
peopleinside
Name: Marco

ReCaptcha on contact form

Post by peopleinside » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi, i am very deluded that phpbb dosen't allow an admin to activate ReCaptcha also on the contact form and as other users i never understand how people unable to solve the captcha re forum issue and not user issue.

I am requesting an extension for have the ReCaptcha or the forum captcha also on the forum contact page where spammer are sending to me messages.
Thank you.

There are some extension but are old or is not adding ReCaptcha to the contact form... fully replace the contact form, is not what I need.

peopleinside

Re: ReCaptcha on contact form

Post by peopleinside » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:00 pm

Well also discovered if an IP is banned are able to send spam by contact form so need also possibility to add IP banned from contact form as i am having spam issue!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:49 pm

banning will not help your spam problem. IPs change all the time. the IP address you have today may not be the same one you have tomorrow etc.

banning via email or username is also not going to help.

the way to stop the spam is not let them get past the registration to begin with.

use the builtin Q&A with a question that you can not find the answer to in google.
set the first post to need approval.

you have then solved at least 99.9% of your spam problems.

as has been said many times, the main point of the contact form is so people can contact you when they are having problems registering. in other words when they can't figure out the anti spam measure you are using.
if you are also using anti spam like Q&A or recaptcha then they won't be able to figure that out either and won't be able to contact you for help.

yes, spamming the contact form is a problem. there are at least two different extensions that will solve it.

doesn't matter if you think it should not be done with an extension. if you want to solve your problem use what is available to solve it.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

peopleinside

Post by peopleinside » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:08 am

I tried the two extension, one is bugged and cause delivery issue, the other show email.
Very very bad. I think i will disable the contact form, no other choice as seems for phpbb is better to have an unprotected form instead to let admin decide to have a captcha and to be able also to ban abuse IP on contact form.

I will disable the contact form

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:59 am

peopleinside wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:08 am
the other show email.
Your admin board email is on the registration page anyway. It's highly likely to be a generic admin@ address and you can freely configure it to be whatever you want. It doesn't even have to be the same as your site admin account. I'm not sure what the problem is with that. What exactly is very very bad?
peopleinside wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:08 am
one is bugged and cause delivery issue,
Seems fine to me.
Report those issues to the authors and wait for them to reply.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “Extension Requests”