Allow user to draw on image with arrow, text, circle etc

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
D3Pixel

Allow user to draw on image with arrow, text, circle etc

Post by D3Pixel »

Hi

I am trying to manage my art approval process with customers and would like to know if something like the below system exists for phpbb?

Specifically

1. User A uploads image to forum post
2. Client A logs in, approves image or adds annotations to it. e.g. Draws a circle and writes a comment on the image like "Should be company Dark Blue"
3. User A uploads new image with the changes made.

The above could be done with an Approved [ ] checkbox linked under an image that also displays the username and date-time they approved it. This would also disable adding to the image.

I imagine It would also need 4 icons that appear over the image for Pen, Circle, Arrow, Text and allow the user to draw on the image.

Is such a thing possible using an extension?

Thanks for any help.
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: Allow user to draw on image with arrow, text, circle etc

Post by canonknipser »

Its possible out of the box using the proper tools. See my comments in the quote:
D3Pixel wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:51 pm

1. User A uploads image to forum post
2. Client A logs in, approves image or adds annotations to it. e.g. Draws a circle and writes a comment on the image like "Should be company Dark Blue"
For approving, the client leaves a message like "Thats fine", "Wow", "great" or similar.

For the annotation case, the client downloads the image to his compute, uses his preferred graphics editor (photoshop, gimp, paint or whatever) to paint circles etc., re-uploads the image in a answer to to previous post and leaves his verbose annotations in that post

3. User A uploads new image with the changes made.

Just set up a rule for that procedure and you should be fine
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
D3Pixel

Post by D3Pixel »

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

That is the way I do it at the moment but it is inefficient as some less technical clients do not want to start opening PhotoShop or Paint and trying to figure out how to draw on an image. They all know how to use a forum though and to simply draw on an image to point something out as their reply is fast, logged and requires no external software.

There are many "artwork approval" orientated websites appearing on the net but they ask for monthly subscription fees of $40 a month up. They have more detail to them like version control and comment tracking but that is overkill for the simpler version that I suggested here.

Something like this: http://ianli.github.io/raphael-sketchpad/ but the canvas has my image in it.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

i worked in many different industries in my time including dustcart operators and I don’t recall one of them not being able to edit and upload images. What industry do you cater for?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “Extension Requests”