Verification Badge next to username?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
StaticKollector
Name: Justin

Verification Badge next to username?

Post by StaticKollector »

Is it possible to have a way to add a verification badge added to special users such as admins and important users? Does an extension exist? I am talking about blue badges like Twitter and Facebook use for verified accounts. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

- Justin
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Verification Badge next to username?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

what is a "verified account" in relation to phpbb?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Same request was made here. Same expressed opinions apply.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
StaticKollector

I knew this would go south, this is the problem with forums and why they're dying... the devs of forums are not adapting to social media. Ranks are outdated, adding a verification badge to a staff members username allows people to know the user is important. I run a gaming forum and sometimes devs join the forums, would be useful in this case.

Sorry but colored usernames and "rank" images is 2000. Adding verification badges in its place would bring forums to the modern times. I think adopting a lot of things social media does would bring forums back to life. I see I wasted my time here, talk about a bunch of old farts afraid to embrace the new. You can ban me now.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

StaticKollector wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:41 pm You can ban me now.
We don't ban for expressing your opinion of a subject.
StaticKollector wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:41 pm I knew this would go south
How exactly did it go south? I merely pointed out a previous topic that you may or may not have seen. ;)
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
Lumpy Burgertushie

and as for my post. I am one of those old farts and proud of it. :lol:

however, as you said , if this is related to something that facebook or twitter has then my question is valid. you could have simply answered that it is something just like a rank etc. but uses a different name that you would like to incorporate into phpbb so that it would not die out.

without thinking to hard about it, you could edit the language file to change the word rank to Verification Badge and then create the badge as a special rank image and give those people a special rank etc.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

This is at least 3d-4th topic about verification. Verify with what? Even bank accounts can't verify who is currently behind the screen, same goes for fb or twitter or whatever. Maybe you can explain little more about your idea, so we could see a bigger picture of it.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
StaticKollector

Sorry for the rant but when people come off dismissive about features when forums are a dying thing, it's annoying. I shouldn't have to explain what verification is in 2018.
GanstaZ wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:16 pm This is at least 3d-4th topic about verification. Verify with what? Even bank accounts can't verify who is currently behind the screen, same goes for fb or twitter or whatever. Maybe you can explain little more about your idea, so we could see a bigger picture of it.
In my case I can, if a dev messages me from an official email I will know it's them. I am running a forum based on a popular game. 3rd-4th post regarding this feature sounds like some interest to me.

Either way, I was able to figure this out with a nice badge plugin as you can see below.

Lumpy Burgertushie

sorry, where is this verification badge you are talking about. I don't see anything like that in the image you posted.

robert

StaticKollector

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:12 am sorry, where is this verification badge you are talking about. I don't see anything like that in the image you posted.

robert
It's below my username, blue badge with a checkmark. When users hover over it, it says "verified" and when they click on the badge it tells them what the badge is used for. I am adding tons more badges to my forum tomorrow. Better than an ugly 2001 rank image.
DTMWC

Post by DTMWC »

The blue badge is technically just a rank image but with a different name,
AFAIK phpBB doesn't have any rank images included so if you've seen any ugly 2001 rank images around then the admin of that forum must have liked them.
That tick looks pretty cool and stands out nicely.
Boom.
StaticKollector

Dan Stylez wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:59 am The blue badge is technically just a rank image but with a different name,
AFAIK phpBB doesn't have any rank images included so if you've seen any ugly 2001 rank images around then the admin of that forum must have liked them.
That tick looks pretty cool and stands out nicely.
I get that for sure and technically they are. Thanks.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You could make a rank image from that exact tick icon. And then call the rank Verified. Job done.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
halil16
Name: Halil

Post by halil16 »

You can look at the link in my signature.
Last edited by halil16 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte
david63

Post by david63 »

Or if you do not want to edit code after every update see this - viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2586356
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “Extension Requests”