Is this possible?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
merakidare

Is this possible?

Post by merakidare »

On a roleplaying site I work for, we are looking into expanding but we weren't sure how far we can expand with code. We are looking to add in a site currency where people can trade money, pixels, earn points, and steal points. We also want code that will allow us to insert growable garden like art below signatures that can attract certain animals with the purchase of items the animals like. (Art is not the issue, I'm specifically wondering the expanse of phpbb coding and what it has to offer.)

I know this isnt really bbcode but I wasn't sure where else to put this. If there is a better place please let me know.
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Extension Requests
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Is this possible?

Post by HiFiKabin »

You are going to need an extension for this, so moving to Extension Requests
merakidare

Post by merakidare »

Ah thanks for that!
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

This has some features you want:

viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2472311
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
merakidare

Post by merakidare »

Thank you! I will check that out and keep it in mind.
Anyone able to help me gauge how the interactive art garden would work with it and on its own though?
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

merakidare wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:23 am Thank you! I will check that out and keep it in mind.
Anyone able to help me gauge how the interactive art garden would work with it and on its own though?
You'd need to have a store, which he doesn't have yet, and you'd need to make a second helper extension most likely that would allow people to use select items from the store in their sig. I don't really know what you mean by interactive. You buy a hay bale, and a horse appears in your sig?
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

You buy a hay bale, and a horse appears in your sig?
Seems that way, but when it arrives, how long will it stay? Does it have to do something prior eating or after it?) Not much info to imagine the workflow. Idea sounds nice, but not much thought put into it.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
martti

Post by martti »

My plan is to develop an extension called "Community Currencies". Not just one, but multiple will be possible, in line with the "Open Money" concept of Michael Linton. This is to support and register all kinds of interactions/exchanges (virtual or real-life) inside communities.

Do not install. There is nothing yet.
Last edited by martti on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merakidare

Post by merakidare »

It would be entirely interactive. The things you put in your signature to attract animals are permanent and the animals you collect would be tradeable. The way I figured it is they stay around as collection pieces but you can only have so many of them in your collection before you have to release, trade, or sell them. So yes, think of like buying a haybale and there being a chance for a variant of a horse to spawn. They will simply be collectable/tradeables that do nothing but look very nice and offer something of a market for the currency implemented!

Return to “Extension Requests”