Hide Links For Groups: VIP Membership

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
Exclusive

Hide Links For Groups: VIP Membership

Post by Exclusive » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Hello, I've set up a VIP Section in my forum. I have created a VIP group, here members are added manually after making payment either Monthly/Annually/Yearly. Please, I would like to request an extension for the following:

1. How can I make users to be added automatically to this group after the payment is made?
2. How do I restrict users (Newly Registered Users & Registered Users)? I would like them to be able to view the forum but the can't download from the forum?

I've created a topic (viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2490656) but no suggestions there worked for me!

Regards
Use Search Button to get Instant Results | Follow Forum Rules
Avoid Spams in the forum to prevent banning the offending account. | Visit My Website!

warmweer

Re: Hide Links For Groups: VIP Membership

Post by warmweer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Exclusive wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:41 pm
2. How do I restrict users (Newly Registered Users & Registered Users)? I would like them to be able to view the forum but the can't download from the forum?

I've created a topic (viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2490656) but no suggestions there worked for me!
for 2.
- set the forum permission for the Registered and the Newly Registered group to can download = NO
- set the forum permission for the VIPgroup to can download = YES (a YES overrides a NO)

*edited*
having just read the original topic, it seems you want the VIPgroup to see links in this forum, but want to prevent other groups to see those links.
If this is the case you should really edit the opening post because (due to the other topic) it's now unclear what you really want!
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:21 pm

warmweer wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm
*edited*
having just read the original topic, it seems you want the VIPgroup to see links in this forum, but want to prevent other groups to see those links.
YES, This is exactly what I want! How ca i go about that?
Avoid Spams in the forum to prevent banning the offending account. | Visit My Website!

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:31 pm

Exclusive wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:21 pm
warmweer wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:59 pm
*edited*
YES, This is exactly what I want! How ca i go about that?
For 1 : no idea but you could request a specific extension for that: more info is needed though because "automatic" membership is based on something phpBB should be able to read, in other words that payment should be registered somewhere accessible by phpBB
For 2. the group template extension allows showing content to selected users/groups.

*edited*
You should really edit your opening post: "can see links" is something completely different to "can download"
A bug is a feature that hasn't made it to the manual (yet)

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:12 pm

Do what warmweer said, and you can use this in tandem with it:

viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2488566&p=15105356#p15105356
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:02 am

warmweer wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:31 pm
*edited*
You should really edit your opening post: "can see links" is something completely different to "can download"
I said "Can view forum but can't download from the forum"

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:53 pm

And that's what is misleading and took 2 pages to work out in your other topic. That suggests you mean attachments because that is the only download people can do from the forum and can be controlled with permissions.

You're actually talking about LINKS. Stopping people clicking LINKS is totally different. The fact that they are links to things you can download is irrelevant.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Exclusive

Post by Exclusive » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:03 pm

KevC wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:53 pm
And that's what is misleading and took 2 pages to work out in your other topic. That suggests you mean attachments because that is the only download people can do from the forum and can be controlled with permissions.

You're actually talking about LINKS. Stopping people clicking LINKS is totally different. The fact that they are links to things you can download is irrelevant.
Okay, Now I just want to prevent other user groups apart from the VIP Members from viewing topics in the VIP Forum Section!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:06 pm

that can be done simply using permissions. group forum permissions I believe. I think that has already been posted above exactly how to do it.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Return to “Extension Requests”