New Features

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
manigopal

New Features

Post by manigopal »

Hi Dev. Team,

Could you look into other Forum / bulletin board software in which they have several additional features which can be added to Our PhpBB too which will make it much better.

Thanks for Contributors / Developers / Moderators for your workings.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: New Features

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I would guess that since phpbb is and has been the most popular and most used bulletin board software in the world for some time, that it probably has the features that are needed the most.

yes, some other board software has different features, maybe even some that YOU think are needed, but, most of those other features can be found as extensions for phpbb. that is one of the reasons that phpbb has been so popular, it is not loaded down with a lot of stuff that is not needed for a bulletin board software.

so, whatever it is that you think phpbb needs, do a search in the extensions forums here and see if somebody has already created one for it. If you don't find one the make a request in the extension request forum and see if anyone wants to create one.

luck,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Absolutely nothing will happen with such a vague request.

This forum is for people to request specific additional features they would like or need for their board, described in detail so someone can code it.

Just saying you want the stuff other boards have is rather pointless. Wikipedia says there are nearly 20 bulletin board software packages. No one will make all of the features from all of them.

What one person thinks is essential may be of no use whatsoever to anyone else which is why phpBB (and all of the other ones too) have 'addons' that extend the features as required. Whatever it is you think you need, see if it's in the extension database. If not, make a detailed request and wait to see if someone will make it.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
david63

Post by david63 »

Or if you have some specific ideas as to what could be added then post in the Ideas forum
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “Extension Requests”