add-on friendly links

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
Toxyy

Re: add-on friendly links

Post by Toxyy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Here we go again :D

there's a paid extension to do this, one by tas2580, and one by phpbb-seo or whatever. I've only used tas's, and I've been recommended the paid one.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||
[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Personally, and this is nothing to do with arguments for and against, I would never use any extension that changes links due to the fact that there is always a possibility that at some point in the future those links stop working and it could break your board.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

abdu7maan

Post by abdu7maan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:50 pm

It seems that he does not want to understand what I mean or what I am trying to ... It seems that I will withdraw from the debate there is no point in repeating the words again.
Welcome to my site :
anime
https://www.anime-toon.net
:oops:

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:41 pm

we understand exactly what you are saying and what you are trying to do. the problem is that you are wrong in your belief about the search engines and how they see dynamic links like phpbb uses. there is no problem of duplicate content at all for the search engines. they understand how it works period.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:50 pm

If you really want to re write links, there are the 2 extensions Toxyy linked above, but be aware that (as others have pointed out) there may be future problem if the extension is no longer developed and/or supported.

Also any search engine ranking you already have will probably be lost as the links will all change.

As Robert said above Google et al understand dynamic links and know how to cope with so called duplicate content.

You say you are out of this topic, so I am locking

Return to “Extension Requests”