User Mini gallery or image grid to embed in topic

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
JohnnyBigSpuds

User Mini gallery or image grid to embed in topic

Post by JohnnyBigSpuds »

Im not sure how to explain this,
Im looking for a mod that will enable a user
To make a post and have either a slideshow if
Images that they ( and only them ) can add to.
Or a grid of smaller images that when clicked on will give a large image that can then be scrolled through.

The aim is they make 1 topic on which they can upload all their images at once, allowing other users to see all their images on 1 post and without full size images loading at once.

Example, they are selling car, they have 40 images of car, they make post and add either a grid with 40 thumbnails on that when clicked is enlarged and they click left or right to see the next image or a slideshow with the images they have uploaded.

So each member could post their own topic and have all their pics available for people to scroll through and comment on the individual images.

Anything like that available?
david63

Re: User Mini gallery or image grid to embed in thread

Post by david63 »

JohnnyBigSpuds wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:15 pm Anything like that available?
Not that I have seen

There is the phpBB Gallery extension that might help. If that is of no help then perhaps you may need to find a photo gallery package that could be tailored to your needs as this would be a major undertaking.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
JohnnyBigSpuds

Re: User Mini gallery or image grid to embed in thread

Post by JohnnyBigSpuds »

Thanks for your reply, ive not seen anything like it.
Face book marketplace has a similar thing where a post will have say 10 images that you can scroll through on the post.
Might have to do itwhere allow all images to upload with no max or minum size, and have it display as max 300x300 ( example ) and then when you click on it it can be shown full size.
I just wanted to escape the having to put each image inline and would of preferred it it auto populate a grid and the grid size defined by amount of images.

Return to “Extension Requests”