Graphical posting instead of codes

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
gheoss

Graphical posting instead of codes

Post by gheoss » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:51 pm

Hello!

Im new to PhpBB, i was using IPB forums, but i wanted to chage, one thing i struggle with, is the way you post new topics , with the displaying codes, i copy paste alot of images, and it was so much easier with ipb forum, is there a plugin or anything to transform the way of posting? (without code)

Thank you very much!

John connor
Name: Aaron

Re: Graphical posting instead of codes

Post by John connor » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:31 pm

Are you refereeing to BBcodes? LIke the [img]somesite.com/image.jpg[/img] ?

If so, just paste the external link, highlight the link and then chose the BBcode button. That will automatically wrap the text in BBcode. It can be done this way with any BBcode. Be it a font color or a font style, size, etc. No having to type out the BBcode by hand.

Or you can simply upload the images as attachments. And I'd highly recommend that since you can't rely on third-party image hosting websites to keep all of your images.

EA117

Re: Graphical posting instead of codes

Post by EA117 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Possibly Senky's Simple WYSIWYG editor (a lightweight "what you see is what you get" editor) might be what you're looking for. As shown in the preview screen shot there, it gives you an editor where both text and images are seen formatted as you edit, instead of seeing only the BBCodes.

If you only meant specifically being able to "paste images", Senky also made the Clipboard Image extension, which enables pasting images out of the clipboard (instead of using the "Attach" button, or instead of dragging and dropping the image).

Return to “Extension Requests”