Statistics per time

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
nou nou

Statistics per time

Post by nou nou »

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to get detailed statistics for a forum over time. If you look in the ACP, there are things like average posts per day, new user registrations per day, but over the lifetime of the forum.

What I am hoping to find out is what those numbers would be like per any given week or month.

This may be a case of some clever database queries combined with spreadsheet charts, and I'm more than happy to go that route if necessary (I'll need to ask for help there too) but how great would it be to see that conveniently generated inside of the actual forum...

Anything out there already that can help?

Thanks!
Talk19Zehn

Re: Statistics per time

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Hello nou nou, if it helps? If you master spreadsheets and consistently maintain a temporal rhythm, my attempt at that time can still be a remedy:

css

Code: Select all

.boxbottomstats {
	background-color: #FAFAFA;
	display: block;
	margin: 12px 20px auto;
	padding: 10px 20px;
	color: #010423;
	text-align: center;
}
html (overall_footer.html)

find:

<div>
	<a id="bottom" class="anchor" accesskey="z"></a>
	<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->{RUN_CRON_TASK}<!-- ENDIF -->
</div>
add before:

<div class="boxbottomstats">
	<!-- IF U_ACP and not S_IS_BOT -->
		<strong>{CURRENT_TIME}</strong><br />{TOTAL_POSTS}&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;{TOTAL_TOPICS}<br />
	<!-- ENDIF -->
</div>
You can find a sorting (viewforum, viewtopic) in every forum and every topic and you can use them. The number (arithmetical values) should be correct. But remember, the timeframe must be adhered to if the statistics are to show correct numbers.

And BTW: 4 weeks does not represent the current month (January, February, March, April ...) - etc., etc. ;)

Is then already a "hard work" to translate this into an Excel spreadsheet (depending on the scope in forum operation).

Some hosters also offer more comprehensive statistics that represent at least different values.
A functioning extension for such claims is unfortunately unknown to me.

Best greetings
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Thanks for your reply and the tips!

Those can definitely help for the future but, as you say, require some serious diligence and manual labour.

For my current requirements though, I am looking for ways to extract data from the past. Like how many posts were made and users were registered in January 2017, for example.

It would be interesting to see what kind of other such data can be extracted, directly or indirectly, from an existing database.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

nou nou wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:35 pm
It would be interesting to see what kind of other such data can be extracted, directly or indirectly, from an existing database.
Take a database backup, copy it to your PC, link or copy the database table you want to examine into one of the many database front end applications applications (e.g. Libre-, Open- or MS-Office) and perform all your queries there with a visual interface, create new tables to store the information, export to spreadsheet. Once you get everything right, you can even use those queries as a base for true SQL and then you could do it directly on the live database in phpMyAdmin.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Ohhh!

I hadn't considered the office suite applications at all. Thanks! I'll give that a serious go... :)

Return to “Extension Requests”