phpbb to discord - we are falling behind!!

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
=FMJ=Smiley

phpbb to discord - we are falling behind!!

Post by =FMJ=Smiley »

I know this has been discussed before here BUT..we are falling behind..other forum creators/communities have this!

Anyone developing this? Or will? It would be great. There is something on here that has been discontinued and frankly does not work!.

New posts and topics posted to discord via webhook is something I and many many others really would like. Been done successfully for MyBB. Lets hope we have it for phpbb soon. :D :D
nou nou

Re: phpbb to discord - we are falling behind!!

Post by nou nou »

The one you're mentioning does work. It just needs a tiny code change to deal with the latest discord API update, and you can find that here:

viewtopic.php?p=15368266#p15368266

I've tested it, works fine.

Of course it would be nice if it were actively developed and supported, but there are also plenty of people around that could be persuaded to finish the extension for submission to the CDB for a fee. Just an idea...
=FMJ=Smiley

Post by =FMJ=Smiley »

Hi nou nou and thx for the reply.

I downloaded the zip from your link. the folder is phpbb-discord-notification-master

did you put the folder in the ext directory like that? I don't see it in ACP customize to enable the extension? I have added plenty of extensions before so am i doing something wrong with this one?

The code you mention for API update i have to do something or this link is already updated?

Any advice to help get it running would be awesome. Thank you.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

look in the files there for the composer.json file.

the first line of that file will show you what the actual path for the extension has to be.

you will need to create and/or rename folders included to make that happen.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

https://github.com/rootslinux/phpbb-dis ... ifications

Code: Select all

Installation

Copy the extension to phpBB/ext/roots/discordnotifications
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
=FMJ=Smiley

Post by =FMJ=Smiley »

warmweer wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:32 pm
https://github.com/rootslinux/phpbb-dis ... ifications

Code: Select all

Installation

Copy the extension to phpBB/ext/roots/discordnotifications
I seen this but there is no such directory from what i can see..unless i have to make it..I will follow instructions above and post back.
=FMJ=Smiley

Post by =FMJ=Smiley »

Ok so i made the folder and have managed to enable the extension.

The webhook in the text channel has been created and i have added that URL to the ACP settings.

I have tried to send a test message as it says but nothing is coming through to discord.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.2.x] Extension Database Releases forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extensions's topic in the Extensions in Development forum.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

That extension is marked [ABD] so posting isn't possible in the dedicated topic.

If a poster in this topic is interested in taking over the extension and developing it further, perhaps they (he or she) could fork the extension (or ask permission from the original developer) to take over development and create their own development topic.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
=FMJ=Smiley

Post by =FMJ=Smiley »

HiFiKabin wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:53 pm
To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.2.x] Extension Database Releases forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extensions's topic in the Extensions in Development forum.
My original post was a request. I never asked for support. The thread went that way so apologies for that.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

=FMJ=Smiley wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:56 pm

The webhook in the text channel has been created and i have added that URL to the ACP settings.

I have tried to send a test message as it says but nothing is coming through to discord.
Correct, it won't work until you added the adjustment I posted the link to, above.
=FMJ=Smiley

Post by =FMJ=Smiley »

nou nou wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:45 pm
=FMJ=Smiley wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:56 pm

Correct, it won't work until you added the adjustment I posted the link to, above.
nou nou thats awesome, sorry i misread the previous post. It is working a treat. Thank you all for the help. :D
=FMJ=Smiley

Post by =FMJ=Smiley »

ONE MORE THING haha.

The link comes up on discord however, my forum is on my own local server at home.

Of course normally people can get to on my forums publicly of course. But when my link comes up on discord it is coming up with my internal IP address and so anyone who clicks on it cannot get to it.

Any ideas?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

put your forum/board online . it is not really a good idea to try and host a website of any kind from your home server. usually your ISP will shut you down if they find out. you have to leave your computer on all the time. you have to really know what you are doing if you want to keep the spammers and the hackers out of your home network etc. etc.

luck,

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
=FMJ=Smiley

Post by =FMJ=Smiley »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:03 pm
put your forum/board online . it is not really a good idea to try and host a website of any kind from your home server. usually your ISP will shut you down if they find out. you have to leave your computer on all the time. you have to really know what you are doing if you want to keep the spammers and the hackers out of your home network etc. etc.

luck,

robert
A separate PC (server ) is running 24/7. Why pay someone when i can do that myself :-) It runs all my gaming servers, forum, website etc . I am absolute sure that it is safe from anything like that and there is no problem with the ISP.

My only problem is my discord notification showing internal IP address ( i have none showing in discord now until i can get it working) :)

As i dont have a static IP address (it has not changed for years!) i use DDNS Service for the gaming servers and all.

Return to “Extension Requests”