A Downloads area extension.

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
Ithasn

A Downloads area extension.

Post by Ithasn »

I have looked, as best I can, through most of the extensions in the, I think it's called, extension database but could not find a "downloads area" extension.

I am looking specifically for an extension that allows members, with the proper permissions, to upload files. Each file would have optional fields where the member uploading the file could enter a description and an image to be displayed on the main downloads area and a drop-down list of the category wherein to place the file. These files would be presented on a page. The page would have categories, editable by forum admins, for various types of files.

I don't know if there is an official phpBB extension and I just couldn't find it but if not, it seems weird that one doesn't exist. Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Mannix_

Re: A Downloads area extension.

Post by Mannix_ »

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!

Ithasn

Post by Ithasn »

Thank you for your reply. Sorry it took me so long to get back here. I gather this is an official extension. Unfortunately, I am not the admin of the site where the extension will be added. They are a bit shy about adding things to phpBB because of they had an extension a few years back that had a vulnerability. So if this one is supported by phpBB that will help me sell them on using it.

Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ »

it's not a official extension but it comes from a very reputable creator that has multiple extensions on his account already ;)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

... but it is still only in its Development stage. (hence the DEV in the topic title)

Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

https://phpbb3.oxpus.net/dlext/index?cat=11 Download Extension © by Hotschi, Demolition Fabi, OXPUS • Download Extension Deutsch © by OXPUS (de, en, es, fr)
This extension certainly works without problems like everything from OXPUS!
More of my styles you can find in my phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.

Ithasn

Post by Ithasn »

Thank you Mannix. Is your name from the old private investigator TV show? :)
When do you think your extension will be out of development?

Thanks HiFiKabin for the heads up.

Tastenplayer, I think we looked at your extension before or one like it. I remember the page being in German but when I went back to it the page was not there. The link you posted above works though :) I will run it through Google to translate and look at it more in depth.

Our biggest concern is security, eg. proper sanitizing of inputs to avoid SQL injection etc. and I am not naive. I know securing PHP and web sites in general is not easy. No code is bug free, except maybe a "Hello World" program. :)

Return to “Extension Requests”