Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
pakidev

Post by pakidev »

can b get the avatar style in phpbb when u hover on avatar user information pop ups

https://forgedinfire.actieforum.com/t80 ... winchester

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: avatar hover style

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

please try again. I have no idea what you are asking about.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 »

I would suggest that you ask at the place where you got your style as the code looks as if it may well be different to that of the default phpBB style.
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:42 pm
I have no idea what you are asking about
Seems pretty clear to me - the OP wants some (unspecified) user details displayed in a pop-up whenever somebody hovers over a user's avatar.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

That’s custom features that forumotion offers to their users only.
Pretty sure that’s how they work.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Shouldn't be especially hard to do though, as long as the template can access the relevant details. It's basically just another ul with display: none; switching to display: block; on hover (or whatever hide/show switch you feel like using).

Mannix_

Post by Mannix_ »

Gumboots wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:31 pm
Shouldn't be especially hard to do though, as long as the template can access the relevant details. It's basically just another ul with display: none; switching to display: block; on hover (or whatever hide/show switch you feel like using).
It is easy to do I even tried to do it in my new style but
the biggest problem I see is that some of the item are links aka clickable and that can be a problem especially on tablets because you don't have hover option on them so you need to click to reveal the content and that can lead to unintentional clicks of links that will send you somewhere you don't want to go and that can be frustrating for some people.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-My Styles-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HexagonHexagonRebornCleanSilverProject Durango
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Need help with styling or want me to port a style to 3.2.x etc. contact me here or here.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!

Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

But in essence it's the same as every other hover/drop menu, which contain links anyway, and which seem to work just fine on touchscreen. They just open the menu on first click, and then you can select whichever link you like from the drop.

But, if it really is a problem using hover, you could always have it click-activated instead.

Return to “Extension Requests”