Penalty box please

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
hailstorm

Penalty box please

Post by hailstorm »

Hello everyone,

Can someone please make a extension for mods and admins to use when a member breaks the rules with the ability to put a user in the Penalty Box saying "In the Penalty Box" but still allows them to view the forum and read posts just not post in the community

I don't want to ban them just straight of the bat without first giving them a chance to change

thank you very much
hailstorm
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Penalty box please

Post by Brf »

I would just put them in a read-only group and have its rank set to "Penalty Box"
hailstorm

Post by hailstorm »

Brf wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:22 pm
I would just put them in a read-only group and have its rank set to "Penalty Box"
There is that option not a bad idea cheers :)
hailstorm

Post by hailstorm »

Brf wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:22 pm
Good idea thanks :)
P_I

Post by P_I »

hailstorm wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:36 pm
I don't want to ban them just straight of the bat without first giving them a chance to change
Welcome to the phpBB community.

The MCP function to ban a member contains a dropdown box for Length of ban, so you can suspend them for a number of days rather than permanently banning them. After the Length of ban time period expires they automatically have the ability to login again and post.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Banning would prevent them from logging in, which is not what is being asked for.

What is desired is to prevent the user from posting, and visibly marking the user as being in the Penalty Box.
hailstorm

Post by hailstorm »

P_I wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:19 pm
hailstorm wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:36 pm
Welcome to the phpBB community.

The MCP function to ban a member contains a dropdown box for Length of ban, so you can suspend them for a number of days rather than permanently banning them. After the Length of ban time period expires they automatically have the ability to login again and post.
Thank you very much for the nice welcome :)
hailstorm

Post by hailstorm »

Brf wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:35 pm
Banning would prevent them from logging in, which is not what is being asked for.

What is desired is to prevent the user from posting, and visibly marking the user as being in the Penalty Box.
^ Yes this was the question i've gone ahead and made the new profile for that use thank you again :)

Return to “Extension Requests”