Send emails from board

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
daveb86
Name: Dave B

Send emails from board

Post by daveb86 »

Morning all,

I'm looking for an extension if possible that will allow the sending of emails from the board / ACP to non registered users for the following reason.

I am using the contact admin extension but have set this so the contact submissions are posted into a selected forum via a "BOT Account".

If these submissions for contact are from Guests then we will need to respond via email which obviously can't be done currently via the mass email feature.

So if an extension can be made that allows emails to be sent via the board using the email settings which are already setup but with the option to specify the email address to send to and the subject that would be great.

Cheers
Dave
Currently working on Dutyhosts
david63

Re: Send emails from board

Post by david63 »

How can you send an email to a non registered guest when you don't have their email address?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
daveb86
Name: Dave B

Post by daveb86 »

david63 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:59 am
How can you send an email to a non registered guest when you don't have their email address?
For this purpose assume we have the email address.

Basically, I want to be able to send an email via the forum but allow manual input of email addresses.
Currently working on Dutyhosts
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Why not using your email program :?:
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Return to “Extension Requests”