animation in names

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Anti-Spam Guide
whilechris

animation in names

Post by whilechris »

Hello. I've recently seen these kinds of animations in some forums and Is it possible to somehow add this animation to any specific account or group?

Thanks.
spaceace

Re: animation in names

Post by spaceace »

not sure why this would have been moved to the extension requests...

it just looks like simple animated text to me. there's many online generators as well as paid and free apps to create your own. one of the free ones i use that is also a pretty good smilie editor is Jasc Animation Shop 3.11
whilechris

Post by whilechris »

spaceace wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:22 pm
not sure why this would have been moved to the extension requests...

it just looks like simple animated text to me. there's many online generators as well as paid and free apps to create your own. one of the free ones i use that is also a pretty good smilie editor is Jasc Animation Shop 3.11
Hello. I also didn't understand why they moved it here as I'm not asking for an extension, but a mini-modification.

I don't think you understood me right. It is not from an effect generator, it is an effect that is displayed throughout the forum (posts, profiles, etc.). I think it has to do with CSS or something. For example: (click the img for the quality)

If u want the link, ask me and i will put. Thanks!
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

now i understand. it seems to be a common thing with other forum software that is done with css and an image. but, it is coded to use either the user ID, group ID, or both.

just found this viewtopic.php?t=2114701

edit: even better... viewtopic.php?t=2188459
ssl
Name: Fred

Post by ssl »

Nice, still work with phpBB 3.3.2?
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

you will have to test it to find out.
it may not work since the code between 3.0 and 3.3 is very different.
if it does work, you will have to change it manually after every update/upgrade in the future etc.

you could ask for an extension be created. that is why it is here in the extension request forum.
that way you could just disable it when you don't want it and it has a better chance of working after updates/upgrades etc.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
whilechris

Post by whilechris »

spaceace wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:12 pm
now i understand. it seems to be a common thing with other forum software that is done with css and an image. but, it is coded to use either the user ID, group ID, or both.

just found this viewtopic.php?t=2114701

edit: even better... viewtopic.php?t=2188459
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:55 pm
you will have to test it to find out.
it may not work since the code between 3.0 and 3.3 is very different.
if it does work, you will have to change it manually after every update/upgrade in the future etc.

you could ask for an extension be created. that is why it is here in the extension request forum.
that way you could just disable it when you don't want it and it has a better chance of working after updates/upgrades etc.

robert
It looks interesting. Well, then I ask that this be done by extension. Let's see if someone wants, I hope it's not that hard.

Return to “Extension Requests”