internal sitemap for non-public forum?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
forumdupin

internal sitemap for non-public forum?

Post by forumdupin »

Hello all,

I'm creating a forum that requires signup to access, so most content is 'non-public' (sorry don't know the correct word)

Anyway i'm looking for an extension that generates a list (excel) of urls to all forums and topics, I believe this is called a sitemap.

I tried some sitemap extensions but they only crawl the public pages and topics, not the ones that require signup

Is there a extension that can generate a sitemap of all my non-public topics and fora that require signup to view?

Thanks
Toxyy

Re: internal sitemap for non-public forum?

Post by Toxyy »

There is a sitemap extension but you'll have to apply the fix for 3.3 found in the discussion forum here:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ap/support
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
david63

Post by david63 »

Perhaps if you were to explain what it is that you are trying to achieve this request might make more sense.

The purpose of a sitemap is to aid with search engine indexing (although it is not considered a requirement for dynamic sites such as phpBB) but you want to have your private forums included which, to me, sounds contradictory.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

The built in permissions system allows you to have visible and hidden forums depending on whether you're registered or not and which groups you're in. It sounds like you want to replace all of that with just a list of URLs which would be super hard to navigate.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “Extension Requests”