Generate an index of all posts within a topic.

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Suggested Hosts
Fermenter

Generate an index of all posts within a topic.

Post by Fermenter »

I'm using a forum to archive all of the documents of a nonprofit organisation. I'm attaching each document to a post within a large topic, and changing the post title and post date to match the document. This allows convenient searching and browsing of the archives in chronological order.

I'm manually inserting an index post (with a 1971 post date) at the start of each topic which names the topic and includes links to key dates and documents, but obviously it is a lot of work.

I'd like to automate the generation of an 'index' post at the start of the topic, that lists the date and title of every post in the topic. Ideally each entry would also link to its relevant post. I'm happy to generate/re-generate the index as a manual process if it can't be 'live'?

Return to “Extension Requests”