Auto bump

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
Thunde

Auto bump

Post by Thunde »

Hi, is there an extension that makes a subject at a certain time after the last message rise again?
Thanks
Thunde

Re: Auto bump

Post by Thunde »

up!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

I suppose that since nobody answered and assuming that you searched, the conclusion is probably that no such extension is available.
Nothing wrong with an extension request but would need to be more specific about the criteria.
e.g. locked topics probably shouldn't be bumped, and what about announcements and global announcements, or topics in certain forums?
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Post by Steve »

Run a cron task after xx days, bump topics with an automatic bump option checked. Possibly the best route, ignoring topic types.

Bump!
Last edited by Steve on Sat May 21, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
danieltj
Name: Daniel James

Post by danieltj »

The problem I see with this is that if you auto bump multiple topics it might not actually affect the list of topics displayed in the forum.
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Post by Steve »

How?

Code: Select all

Web/posting.php?mode=bump&t=Any number

It’s as simple as that, you can do it from view forum and redirect, the topic will be bumped! Highlighted as unread.
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺

Return to “Extension Requests”