Latvian language

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x translations forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Mokona-chan

Latvian language

Post by Mokona-chan »

Dear friends,
I am sorry to bother You, but I have encountered the following problem.
Installing the Latvian language pack - special symbols like - ķāļņē - and others simillar to them appear like ??? or any other symbols. Actually they are quite necessary to write correctly in Latvian. They are spelled wrond in any place of the forum starting with posts and subjects, ending with comments to forums and categories.
What might the problem and its solution be?
Thank You in advance,
with warm greetings from Riga.
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: Latvian language

Post by ric323 »

Check what "collation" setting your database is using.
Possibly it is not allowing those characters at all.
phpBB3 uses UTF8 (which is a type of Unicode) so it doesn't have these sort of problems. Have you considered converting to phpBB3? Note the pink box at the head of this page, announcing that phpBB2 support ends on 1-Jan-2009.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
Mokona-chan

Re: Latvian language

Post by Mokona-chan »

Yes, I have seen it, but firstly thought that if everything goes well there might be no use to switch to 3.0. Now I have a reason enough to do it. But I am still worried that I will not succeed ir converting it. But now I will give it a try.
Still thanks for Your answer!

Return to “[2.0.x] Translations”