[DEV] About me

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

[DEV] About me

Post by Danielx64 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:31 am

Modification Name: About me
Author: *Daniel

Modification Description:: This mod will give your users space on their view profile page where they can post anything they want. This idea was taken from a forum that I go on where people could post links to all sort of gifs and so on. I liked the idea because it give users a place where they can post all sort of things without having to create really long signatures.
Modification Version:: NA

Features:

- Has permissions settings so that admins can control what BBcodes can be used
- Has same layout and controls as "Edit signature*"
- Admins can edit user's About me

Modification Download: NA

Screenshots:

Credits:

Credit to DionDesigns for helping me out with testing and bug fixing.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

DarkBeing
Name: Sven

Re: [DEV] About me

Post by DarkBeing » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Looks interesting *Daniel, but is this now a MOD or Extension?

Pico88
Name: Lukasz

Post by Pico88 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:15 pm

There will be only extensions for phpBB 3.1.
So each MOD should be rewritten to the extension, which doesn't require file changes.
Please do not PM me for support.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:45 pm

DarkBeing wrote:Looks interesting *Daniel, but is this now a MOD or Extension?
I am running 2 different projects - one for 3.0.x and one for 3.1 and yes it will be rewritten.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Patrick W.

Post by Patrick W. » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:42 am

This looks good and I will be using this when 3.1 is in a live release. One suggestion though about the positioning.

Would it be possible to move the position of the About Me to an area next to the user info (Name, avatar, group, rank, etc. Cutting the top section of the profiles in half and moving the About me to a more noticeable and readable position could really make it more visually pleasing.

I am not sure if that is possible with the hooking and placement system in 3.1 so it may not even be feasible without some sort of new hooking position in the core.
Always use the Support Board for phpBB support. One PM answers one. One post answers many.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:34 am

Patrick W. wrote:This looks good and I will be using this when 3.1 is in a live release. One suggestion though about the positioning.

Would it be possible to move the position of the About Me to an area next to the user info (Name, avatar, group, rank, etc. Cutting the top section of the profiles in half and moving the About me to a more noticeable and readable position could really make it more visually pleasing.

I am not sure if that is possible with the hooking and placement system in 3.1 so it may not even be feasible without some sort of new hooking position in the core.
Unless I can get the hooks that I would need it may not be possible. I will keep it in mind though

sysz
Name: Kimmy Lindell Ekström

Post by sysz » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:22 am

An extension i really would like to use in the future so keep up the good work :D
But i do think it should be renamed to something more like profiletext or have the option to change my self.

As we speak i have kind of the same but instead a mod + custome profile on my forum which allows the user to have any bbcode in the field wich allows them to add userbars, avatars they have used and so on.
http://i.imgur.com/2WcYkvf.png
Currently working on the community

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:42 pm

This topic has been marked as [ABD]. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the extension Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”