[ABD] Portal Extension for phpBB 3.1.x

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
michaelo
Name: Michael O'Toole

Re: [DEV] Portal Extension for phpBB 3.1.x

Post by michaelo »

Outstanding issue has been fixed and now it's time for some code cleanup... It has installed and worked well with all works 3.1.x versions so far...

The outstanding issue was related to loading blocks when not on normal phpBB pages other than the portal page. The issue related to the twig template engine and using namespace... it has been resolved and works perfectly now...

The News code (the section that allows posting news items in all forums) will probably have to be added as a separate extension if required but all blocks appear to work fine...

Git has been updated for those who want to test the extension... https://github.com/phpbbireland/phpbb3-extension-portal

Note the UCP section needs work...
Mike
Contributions: Mods & Styles Extensions
(site is down): Kiss Portal Engine

supanet

Post by supanet »

At last something to test. :D
Looking forward to seeing how it develops, thanks Mike. 8-)

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

After activating this exentsion and jumping back to my index page I got those errors:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/event/listener.php on line 239: include_once(./ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/event/listener.php on line 239: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/func.php on line 79: include_once(./ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/func.php on line 79: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function phpbbireland\portal\includes\get_page_id() in /home/www/web477/html/FORUM/ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/func.php on line 191
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Lazy2000

Post by Lazy2000 »

index errors here too.
at 3.1.3 and few hours later at 3.1.4 (same with Miri4ever errors)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/event/listener.php on line 239: include_once(./ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/event/listener.php on line 239: include_once(): Failed opening './ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/func.php on line 79: include_once(./ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/func.php on line 79: include_once(): Failed opening './ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear')
if you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

@Lazy2000, I changes some file name including kiss_functions.php, sgp_functions.php both files are in the git but it should now use the correct one... I will remove all unnecessary files later during the clean up... I also tested with phpBB 3.1.4 while I was at it...

@supanet, I've added the UCP tab for the portal to the install... If you installed, just uninstall and add the newer files from git, then run the install again...

The git repository has been updated... this should fix the issue above and some other minor issues too...

Also added the portal UCP options tab, but haven't checked functionality (link on the portal > ucp page may require fixing...)

Mike

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

Just to recap...
  • All file in Git have been updated... 5/5/15
  • Tested and working with phpBB 3.1.4...
  • Added Portal UCP Options Tab to install (previously, I forgot it)...
  • Block integrations (on all phpBB pages) working...
  • Issue with block templates fixed (namespace fix)...
Outstanding:
Basically some clean up and removal of unnecessary code and files and that's it...

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Updated to new Version but the Errors still remain:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/event/listener.php on line 239: include_once(./ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/event/listener.php on line 239: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/func.php on line 79: include_once(./ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/func.php on line 79: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')

Fatal error: Call to undefined function phpbbireland\portal\includes\get_page_id() in /home/www/web477/html/FORUM/ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/func.php on line 191
Also the errors inside ACP still there if I try to remove and portal from the index.php page:

As soon as I click manage phpbb pages at portal settings on acp:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/acp/pages_module.php on line 294: include(./../ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/acp/pages_module.php on line 294: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_acp.php on line 132: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_acp.php on line 132: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)

and If I try to remove a module:

Allgemeiner Fehler
Auf das Modul kann nicht zugegriffen werden

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 563
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()

Lazy2000

Post by Lazy2000 »

updated with the new git.
after installation i got the same errors i had

.../event/listener.php on line 239: include_once(./ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
.../event/listener.php on line 239: include_once(): Failed opening './ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear')
.../includes/func.php on line 79: include_once(./ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
.../includes/func.php on line 79: include_once(): Failed opening './ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear')
so i said lets check about missing files. /includes/kiss_functions.php wasnt there.
i renamed the sgp_functions.php to kiss_functions.php and no errors at refresh. the forum was live and active (under subsilver2 style).
i havent checked anything else, just gave a reply. my forum is up and running.
@Miri4ever read the above

edit: no issues at deactivation

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

Didn't realise it was a live forum... not a good idea at this point in time...

I will spend some time today trying to identify and fix the problem...

I know the issues arose when I renamed some file for the extension so I could remove any confusion on my part when dealing with the new extension code... There's a good chance I didn't include one or two files, so I'm off to fix this issue...

I will add them back and update git to get rid of the problem, then I will go through each file and remove unwanted for the next install...
Mike
Last edited by michaelo on Wed May 06, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

michaelo wrote:Didn't realise it was a live forum... not a good idea at this point in time...
and this is why extensions/mods in development shouldn't be installed on a live forum.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Lazy2000

Post by Lazy2000 »

"extensions/mods in development shouldn't be installed on a live forum"

i agree 100%
in my case, its a forum under construction. its not open to public yet.
on the other hand, a db backup before adding an ext under development yet, is a must.
saved me from a lot of stress and time lots and lots of times.

@michaelo your extension is epic!
and omg 1301 files?!
i cant imagine how many hundreds of hours you have spend in this.
keep up the good work! :)

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

Luckily, Lazy2000 was able to correct the problem but the average user would have been lost and his/her site would have been out of commission...

Never install a mod/extension on a live site until it has been validated by the phBB team.

If you want to test mods/extensions that have not been validated, setup a local server (there are hundreds of articles on how to do this).

@Lazy2000, The code was much larger when first written, it was actually the first mod written for 3.0 ;)
Over time I removed quite a bit of the functionality as it had become too complex for the average user and support was fading...
Last edited by michaelo on Wed May 06, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

supanet

Post by supanet »

michaelo wrote:Luckily, Lazy2000 was able to correct the problem but the average user would have been lost and his/her site would have been out of commission...

Never install a mod/extension on a live site until it has been validated by the phBB team.

If you want to test mods/extensions that have not been validated, setup a local server (there are hundreds of articles on how to do this).
I agree, I always use XAMPP to test things out before installing on a live site.

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

Originally I installed the individual programs but eventually change to the one stop solution...
Currently using Wamp with hundreds and hundreds of test sites (10 years work)...

If I include styles and images and frameworks development, that's almost 500GB of backups spanning five drives but I guess there's a lot of duplicates, I hate loosing work... :mrgreen:

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

That's not a big deal, because if extension not working just turning them off and wait for update thats easy. There are a lot of validated extension that also have many errors / missing translations and so on. But if already validated the track for errors and updates is not anymore so controlled as on topics under development.

Ok I updated and seems all error messages are gone so far. But still having a problem:

The requested URL /FORUM/portal.php was not found on this server.
Even if I type portal only the system did not find it. This message appears if I press the portal button on index. The portal.php seems to be uploaded to the ext folder but there is maybe a problem with the subfolder I installed my forum ?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”