[ABD] Portal Extension for phpBB 3.1.x

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Lazy2000

Re: [DEV] Portal Extension for phpBB 3.1.x

Post by Lazy2000 »

about the ".../FORUM/portal.php" error, i have intalled phpbb3 at the root.
the working link i had on my browser was "*.com/index.php/portal.php"
if you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.

michaelo
Name: Michael O'Toole

Post by michaelo »

I can confirm I had an issue with the portal link on previous installs... Since last changes it appears to have been fixed...

Previously, the link in the header worked from the index page but from other pages (viewforum, viewtopics etc.) it dropped the "php" part of the ling to give "portal." ...

The link in the Navigation Block is always correct... just use the Back button for now if this arises again... and let me know if there are any other issues...

On my local server this link is: http://127.0.0.1/phpBB-3.1.4/portal.php ...
If installed in root, it should be: http://sitename.com/portal.php ...
If installed inside forum folder, it should be: http://sitename.*/forum/portal.php ...
Anything else would be an issue requiring attention...

@Lazy2000, the index.php/portal.php seems a bit unusual? if you just browse to "yoursite.com/portal.php" does it work?

Note, frameworks often have code to simplify links... this may also be prevalent here...
Mike
Contributions: Mods & Styles Extensions
(site is down): Kiss Portal Engine

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

It did not work from the index page and if I type portal.php inside the browser it stills tells me the file is missing at the server. I uploaded portal.php to my forum root folder and this missing file error ist gone, but giving me only a white page.

I enabled debug modes inside my config.php to maybe see more. All i got are those errors on my index.php

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/blocks/block_menus_nav.php on line 11: Undefined property: phpbbireland/portal/includes/func::$phpbb_root_path
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/blocks/block_online_users.php on line 57: Undefined variable: phpEx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/phpbbireland/portal/blocks/block_online_users.php on line 58: Undefined variable: phpEx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
I checked if the error result from missing style files, but you included all styles so it really should work.

Also inside ACP Menu:

PAGES
Manage phpBB pages
I can't press this red X or the other two buttons für index.php or portal.php without getting missing module error:

Allgemeiner Fehler
Auf das Modul kann nicht zugegriffen werden

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 563
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

leschek

Post by leschek »

Small language issue: file \phpbbireland\portal\language\en\portal.php is in ANSI coding.

Also, when I try to open portal page I get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'phpbbireland\portal\includes\helper' not found in C:\EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC11\data\localweb\quickinstall\boards\kissportal\cache\container_dotslash.php on line 2335
I'm testing it on localhost on board installed with QuickInstall.

EDIT: I'm using build version 310-002 downloaded today (2015-05-07).

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

@Miri4ever, the paths are handled differently in 3.1, the routing.yml file in (phpbbireland/portal/config) list potential urls and identifies which code should handle them, it may need updating...

If you copied portal.php to the root folder for testing, remove it, all portal files go into phpbbireland/portal folder only, we don't copy files outside the extension folder anymore...

The error relating to "block_menus_nav.php" is due to the fact is has not been updated...
The updated file is as follows:

<?php
/**
* Kiss Portal extension for the phpBB Forum Software package.
* @copyright (c) 2014 Michael O’Toole <http://www.phpbbireland.com>
* @license GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPL-2.0)
*/
global $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx;

$this->php_ext = $phpEx;
$this->phpbb_root_path = $phpbb_root_path;

include_once($this->phpbb_root_path . 'ext/phpbbireland/portal/includes/kiss_functions.' . $this->php_ext);

generate_menus();
Check your copy and correct if different...
It your copy is up to date, perhaps purging cache will correct the problem (ACP > GENERAL > Purge cache, Run Now button), let me know...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ACP Menu > PAGES > Manage phpBB pages
Will fix... (taught I would remove it but realised I need it...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@leschek, looking at that now, will fix asap...

There were several files in lang that were incorrectly saved as ansi ;)
Changed to UTF-8 without BOM...
Fixes issue with Portal Pages in ACP...
Last edited by michaelo on Fri May 08, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

Removing Portal Pages ACP > PORTAL > PAGES

Originally I thought I could remove this code without adverse effect but I soon realised I need it...

Memory issue, it's been a long time since I wrote it... anyway, the code is required so I will have to fix the issue identified in previous post...

GIT updated Recent fixes, including Portal Pages, Language files (UTF-8) and one or two other things I noticed...
Mike

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

I see this exentsion works on your page with a subfolder, but still don't know why it is not found a my site: :cry:

Not Found

The requested URL /FORUM/portal.php was not found on this server.

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

Is the forum folder upper or lower case on the server... I'm just curious as to why the report is in upper case as it often denotes a variable... probably not related but still curious...

What is the exact path for the index?

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

For security reasons the Folder Names are in uppercase, but I also tested with lowercase installation and still the same result portal.php not found. The blocks display correctly on index page. It think it should belong what PHPBB Path user choice for working.

Maybe you take a look at the testing place, but still don't see much more than I'm telling you here:

h**p://terra-oceanica.de/area51/

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

The portal extension follows rules set down in the examples provided by phpBB and should work inside a forum folder but I will test locally to make sure...

The portal link in your example should appear in the second line of the header (before index) and not after the quick links...

I've installed locally to: http://127.0.0.1/phpbb-3.1.4/area51/... and everything works as expected...

The phpbb-3.1.4 folder is empty, the actual folder where phpBB was installed is area51...

Are you testing with 3.1.4?

ONEMDX

Post by ONEMDX »

this is so awsome !

maybe a chat block / shoutbox ?

options like:

- show on: portal / board index / topics / everywhere
- position: up / down
- show avatars in chat: on / off

michaelo

Post by michaelo »

Not sure but I'd say the shoutbox extension is probably being designed by someone as we speak... it was very popular in 3.0... :ugeek:

bigdunk1985

Post by bigdunk1985 »

Portal is looking good,
hopefully the release date is soon as holding off my upgrade phpbb 3.1.4 until this is ready

keep up the good work :D

jjoosterbaan

Post by jjoosterbaan »

Hi, i installed the portal, it works partially on version 3.1.4 for me. When i press Portal , it can not find find portal.php , the software looks for this file in the root, but the file is in the Ext directory. Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong ?

Please advise..

jjoosterbaan

Post by jjoosterbaan »

I deleted this extension, it's not ready yet for version 3.1.4. Work to do ... i hope it will be fixed, it's a very good looking extension...

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”