phpBB 3.1 adds the currently logged in user's username and avatar to the header directly across from the breadcrumbs (and the username is removed from the Logout link). This is a very simple phpBB 3.1 extension that lets you add a greeting to the to give your users a bit more of a personalized experience.
- This extension requires the template events added in https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/2448. Until that is merged, you will need to apply the patch manually in order for the extension to work.
- Note that this only works for Prosilver. subSilver2 does not have the username in the navigation bar and therefore does not have the events.
- Customizable via the ACP
- Different greeting based on user's board language (Hello, Hola, Anyeong, etc.)
- Different greeting based on current time (good morning, good afternoon, good evening, etc.)
- Different greeting based on day of the week (Happy Monday!, TGIF!, etc.)
- Different greeting based on specific date (e.g. Happy New Years!, Merry Christmas!, Happy Hanukkah!, etc.)
- Rotating messages (i.e. have it randomly pick between a set of messages, like Hello, Hi, 'Sup, etc.)