[ABD] Auto tabs reload on phpBB login

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
brunoais
QA Team

[ABD] Auto tabs reload on phpBB login

Post by brunoais » Sun May 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Image Auto tabs reload on phpBB login

Description:
This is an extension for phpBB 3.1 acts by reloading the page in all tabs/windows opened with phpBB that had the login form showing up and the user logs in in one of the other tabs or windows.

This solves the use-case of people like me that like to go to the e-mail and start opening topics in quick succession forming a list of opened login form pages. Then, when login happens on one tab, you have to reload the pages yourself. This does it for you.

Features:
  • Reloads other login pages after you login for you
  • First release complete
Requirements:
  • phpBB 3.1 or higher
  • PHP 5.3.3 or higher
  • Support for localStorage on the browser
Repository: https://github.com/brunoais/phpbb-ext-autoReloadOnLogin

Important: This Extension can only be installed on phpBB 3.1. Do NOT use this on a live board. It should only be installed for testing purposes or just to check it out. No support will be provided.
This extension's main reason of existence is to solve a very simple use-case and to allow me to have a crash-course on how to make phpBB3.1 extensions. That does not mean that it will stay in this phase and it may not mature into something else.
Some may argue that this could easily be (or should be) a user script. I'm not against that but I'm not good making up ideas and the alternatives are quite complex extensions and not appropriate as the starting ones.

Installation:
  • Download the repository and unzip it.
  • Copy the entire contents from the unzipped folder to phpBB/ext/brunoais/autoReloadOnLogin/
  • Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Extension Management -> Extensions.
  • Click Enable.
Updates: Because this extension is in development, new changes may be back-ported to the current downloadable version. Therefor, during development, to update this extension to the latest build, it would be safest to fully uninstall any prior version before installing the latest build. Just choose Disable followed by Delete Data in the ACP's Extension Management page, then replace all the old files/folders with the new build, following the installation steps outlined above.

Post template taken from VSE'd without authorization
Last edited by brunoais on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PayBas
Former Team Member

Re: [DEV] Auto tabs reload on phpBB login

Post by PayBas » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Pretty cool. Will try it out later.

brunoais
QA Team

Post by brunoais » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:23 am

I'm not getting feedback here.

If I don't get feedback for a while more, I'll consider it stable and I'll release it.

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:07 pm

I can't try it yet, but the idea is really cool, go ahead! :)
Do you recognise my avatar? :)

Tuqe

Post by Tuqe » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:45 pm

The selected plugin is not available for this message board, please confirm your allowable phpBB and PHP version (see details page).

brunoais
QA Team

Re: [BETA] Auto tabs reload on phpBB login

Post by brunoais » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:51 am

Try now. I didn't change the code, so I kept the version.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”