[ABD] Texas hold'em game using phpbb3 authentication

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
IAmLegend

Re: [ALPHA] Texas hold'em game using phpbb3 authentication

Post by IAmLegend » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:07 pm

david63 wrote:Wrong - I believe.

If it is installed within phpBB then it will have to comply with the phpBB licensing requirements - it is totally irrelevant that it does not alter any code - in fact no extension will "alter" phpBB code.

This is why I asked the question earlier.
Thanks for quick reply. There is no way I can change Cubeia's licence from AGPL3 licence to one which is GPLv2 since it's the property of Cubeia.

The only thing I can do is to release my board-service source code under GPLv2 licence to be compliant with phpbb licence requirement, since it is the sole interface needed to use with phpBB database to make the game work.

But if it still does not meet phpbb licence requirements, then it looks like I can no longer go on with the project.

/IAL

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:28 pm

I believe that should be fine actually.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

IAmLegend

Post by IAmLegend » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:01 pm

DavidIQ wrote:I believe that should be fine actually.
Great, thanks DavidIQ, will work towards that after my vacation in 2 weeks.

Have been busy lately due to summer and off on vacation now.

But test site has been upgraded to latest ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
phpBB3 code is also upgraded to RC2.
New domain name for test site: boardservice.org
Changed configuration to allow init play money as 100000, but bad play may get you broke in no time though.

Thus, new links are below:

Register to test site: http://boardservice.org/phpBB3
Texas Hold'em game: http://boardservice.org:8181/poker/cubeiaclassic/

Later!

IAmLegend

Post by IAmLegend » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Have been busy so I'm back of working on it. I'm in the process of applying licence copyright to source code.
Would GPL v3 be also fine or it has to be GPL v2? How about other licences like AGPL3?

Thanks!

noth

Post by noth » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:39 pm

IAmLegend wrote: Register to test site: http://boardservice.org/phpBB3

Later!
http://boardservice.org/phpBB3 WEBPAGE NOT FOUND :cry:

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:35 am

IAmLegend wrote:
Have been busy so I'm back of working on it. I'm in the process of applying licence copyright to source code.
Would GPL v3 be also fine or it has to be GPL v2? How about other licences like AGPL3?

Thanks!
It has to be GPLv2 compatible.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

IAmLegend

Post by IAmLegend » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Paul wrote:
IAmLegend wrote:

Thanks!
It has to be GPLv2 compatible.
Done. Thanks!
noth wrote:
IAmLegend wrote: Register to test site: http://boardservice.org/phpBB3

Later!
http://boardservice.org/phpBB3 WEBPAGE NOT FOUND :cry:
Thanks for your interests. I will need to reinstall the test site using V3.1 RC4 release soon since the vps has been relocated to a new node, thus the old IP address no longer works. Please check back.

Also I should be able to release this extension under GPLv2 very soon and prepare to switch to RELEASE.
You should be able to install it afterwards.

IAmLegend

Re: [RC] Texas hold'em game using phpbb3 authentication

Post by IAmLegend » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:32 am

Finally! Just released it! Please see first page as download links and installation instructions are found!

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:41 pm

This works a charm! Great phpBB3 mod...!

Now, what's the future of phpBB3?
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Jackanape wrote:This works a charm! Great phpBB3 mod...!

Now, what's the future of phpBB3?
well, since they about to release a whole new version and they are already working on the next whole new version for sometime in the near future. I do believe that it is at least in the top two most popular bulletin board softwares in the world, free or paid.
I don't know, it may just disappear next week. Ya just cain't tell!!

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Jackanape

Post by Jackanape » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:42 pm

No doubt, Lumpy...I just get nervous with such a massive shift to 3.1.1 that so many of us--myself included--will be unable to move over to. The best part of phpbb was always its customization possibilities, but for those of us with heavily (and in many cases, deeply customized) modded boards, we're going to be at sea once support for 3.0 has gone by the wayside. While I'm sure many mods will be rewritten as extensions, many won't and those of us who are running such custom boards will be looking at long and deep commitments towards rewriting our entire boards, I'd bet from the ground up.

But, I digress, and will deal with that problem when and if it arises...

To the point with this mod, specifically, I'm pretty out of my comfort zone when it comes to some of the installation procedures--not eager to work in the server root--so I'm wondering if anyone else has this running now, and how it's working for them?

Any advice or tips on a smooth setup?
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit

Jackanape

Post by Jackanape » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Confirmed that you need shell access to install the server. I may end up asking my hosting company to do it...we shall see...

IAmLegend

Post by IAmLegend » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:46 am

Jackanape wrote: To the point with this mod, specifically, I'm pretty out of my comfort zone when it comes to some of the installation procedures--not eager to work in the server root--so I'm wondering if anyone else has this running now, and how it's working for them?

Any advice or tips on a smooth setup?
Hi, I understand the frustration due to the complexity of installation procedures. I don't think you can get easier than my installation guides specially they are detailed enough and you can get help for installation issues on my demo site.
There is few simpler installations on Cubeia forum you may find but they don't run in integration mode using my boardservice bridge to forum which I provide full support for it. The payoff is you get a rock solid poker game server which had stood the test of time in live production for several years already. You will find no such detailed tutorials as I have shown on my site elsewhere as well as tips I wrote how to troubleshouting installations to get your game server up and running. You can find and hire a knowledgeable linux installer easily once he reads the installation so he/she can give you an estimate installation cost. I've seen people had luck hiring people installing it for a fee though. Plus, boardservice supports both phpBB3 versions and both Cubeia Poker and my board service are open source and free to use. I'm finishing up the leaderboard to be displayed in portal. Stay tuned as I'll be showing it on my demo site! :)

/LR

Jackanape

Post by Jackanape » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:37 pm

IAmLegend wrote:You can find and hire a knowledgeable linux installer easily once he reads the installation so he/she can give you an estimate installation cost. I've seen people had luck hiring people installing it for a fee though. Plus, boardservice supports both phpBB3 versions and both Cubeia Poker and my board service are open source and free to use. I'm finishing up the leaderboard to be displayed in portal. Stay tuned as I'll be showing it on my demo site! :)
Yes, that's the direction I'm going in. I love this package, keep on plugging away at it! I just wish there were an easier way to install outside of shell access! LOL

I'll keep my eyes on the demo site!

mesia

Post by mesia » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:05 pm

some help in skype to instal it pls?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”