[ABD] Infractions

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Yros

Re: [RC] Infractions

Post by Yros » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:47 am

It allows more flexibility. The native system only allows you to report & warn users but depending on the infraction, the "warning" may have a different value. For example, a warning for "flood" shouldn't get the same infraction as a warning for "insults" or worse. This is a system used on vBulletin which is actually pretty efficient for moderating your forum efficiently.

Hence, I'd like to suggest to add what's missing yet, which is :
~ Possibility to prolong the expiration's date of the infraction if the user get another warning of the same type during this time. A concrete example : I have defined a simple infraction for 'Flood', which gives '1' point and expires after '7' days. If the user gets a second infraction for flood during that time, it will prolong the first one as well of +7 days, which means that he'll have 2 points for flood with an expiration of 14 days (minus the days between the first & second infraction).

~ Possibility to give a "warning" (and not an "infraction") if this is the first time the user gets warned about it. The difference between a "warning" and an "infraction" is simply that a "warning" gives 0 points.

rfdy

Post by rfdy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:20 pm

We'd just like to update the community on the status of this extension. Currently development has been put on hold, but will resume in a month or two. As it stands we consider the extension stable.

As for Yros' two points:
~ Currently the infractions expire independently, which means that if an infraction is given on day 1, then another on day 2, then they'll expire in that order. In this case inf2 will expire after 8 days from the first day, rather than 14 days after. Can you clarify a user flow for how this option will be applied? Will a moderator need to specify if the infraction end date should be now+expiry or previous_expiry+expiry?

~ Are infractions with 0 points not allowed? We should for sure fix that! Can you confirm?

Thanks!
RFD Dev Team.

ForoXL

Post by ForoXL » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:25 pm

fav
http://www.ForoXL.com - Foro dedicado a temas generales

Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:14 am

Hi rfdy,

4 months that i have notified you of my PR: https://github.com/rfdy/infractions/pull/2 :roll:
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.

Yros

Post by Yros » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:29 pm

rfdy wrote:As for Yros' two points:
~ Currently the infractions expire independently, which means that if an infraction is given on day 1, then another on day 2, then they'll expire in that order. In this case inf2 will expire after 8 days from the first day, rather than 14 days after. Can you clarify a user flow for how this option will be applied? Will a moderator need to specify if the infraction end date should be now+expiry or previous_expiry+expiry?

~ Are infractions with 0 points not allowed? We should for sure fix that! Can you confirm?
About the first point, the infractions would be merged according to their type. For example :
User gets 1 infraction of Type_1, which gives +1 points and expires 7 days later.
3 days later, the same user gets another infraction of the same type.
Currently, it would mean that the user would have 1 point lasting for 4 days and another one lasting for 7 days.
With my suggestion, it would merge the infraction and the user would, instead, have 2 points lasting for 7+4= 11 days. If the user gets another infraction of the same type, then the total number of points would be increased by the basic number of points of the infraction, and the duration would be increased the same way.

Basically, on a new infraction : Current points of this type = Actual points from that type + basic points from that type, and Duration = current duration + basic duration. Now, about the reason WHY some might find it useful is in order to have more flexible infractions to counter recurrent although low infractions (such as flood or minor offences). It's proven to be quite efficient back in the days when I used to be a Community Manager on a vBulletin board.

About the second point, I havn't tried out to know if it's possible to create infractions which are worth 0 points but the idea here is that an infraction which "shall" give X points in the first place would instead be given as a warning (Example : the user commits his first infraction and instead of giving him a full-charged infraction, the mod gives him a warning). The utility of it is to be able to still keep tracks of it and not having the need to create multiple iteration of a same infraction type (one for infractions and one for warnings). If you tried the vBulletin red/yellow card system then you know what I mean ^^

SalazarAG

Post by SalazarAG » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:02 am

Why has no button with icon on viewtopic?

I also realized that in / styles / prosilver there is the theme folder to changes in css.

How do I insert a button then?
I'm sorry for my English. Google Translator does a bad job. :D

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [ABD] Infractions

Post by Paul » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:25 am

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extensions Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extensions Team
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”