[ABD] Activity Stats (includes "who was here?")

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Re: [RC] Activity Stats (includes "who was here?")

Post by Jessica » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Suggestion: Give an option to have the last visited time show in a HOVER-OVER (moving the cursor over a username and a tooltip appears)....the Who was here mod had that
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Working spanish translation...

Edit: "PR" submitted. ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

combuster

Post by combuster » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:08 pm

I have merged it, thanks! =)

combuster

Post by combuster » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Jessica wrote:Suggestion: Give an option to have the last visited time show in a HOVER-OVER (moving the cursor over a username and a tooltip appears)....the Who was here mod had that
Its's already in! See screenshot ACP.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:54 am

combuster wrote:
Jessica wrote:Suggestion: Give an option to have the last visited time show in a HOVER-OVER (moving the cursor over a username and a tooltip appears)....the Who was here mod had that
Its's already in! See screenshot ACP.
Oops must have missed it. Thanks
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

noth

Post by noth » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:16 pm

I like the way you can adjust the time in WHO WAS HERE ACP so your index page could show visitors in last 10 hours or last 100 hours, whatever the Admin wants, that is great! :D

leschek

Post by leschek » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:18 pm

"Displaying users of ...:Today" means it displays users who visited the board today (since midnight - 00:00) or users who visited it in last day (in last 24 hours)?

EDIT: seems there is a small problem with language file (deleting last line in the file language/en/activitystats.php helped)

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5098: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/ext/robertheim/activitystats/language/en/activitystats.php:79)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5098: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/ext/robertheim/activitystats/language/en/activitystats.php:79)
EDIT 2: I'm not able to change displaying users from "Today" to "Period of time". After I change setting from "Today" to "Period of time" and Submitting it reverse itself to "Today".

combuster

Post by combuster » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:02 pm

leschek wrote:"Displaying users of ...:Today" means it displays users who visited the board today (since midnight - 00:00) or users who visited it in last day (in last 24 hours)?
it means since 00:00 (uses board-standard time-zone for calculation)
seems there is a small problem with language file ..
thanks for reporting! fixedin master branch!

I'm not able to change displaying users from "Today" to "Period of time". After I change setting from "Today" to "Period of time" and Submitting it reverse itself to "Today".
thanks again ;) fixed in master branch.

combuster

Post by combuster » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:10 pm

I updated the first post:

* changelog
* download for 1.1.2-DEV Release
* additional screenshot

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Your HTML output is not valid ;).

You are using <!-- EVENT index_body_block_stats_append -->, which is inside a <p>. It's not allowed to nest paragraphs.

You could do something like this:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF ACTIVITY_STATS_TOTAL -->
</p>
<h3>{L_ACTIVITY_STATS}</h3>
<p>{ACTIVITY_STATS_EXP}.<br/><br/>
{ACTIVITY_STATS_TOTAL_NEWS}<br/>
{ACTIVITY_STATS_TOTAL}<br />{ACTIVITY_STATS_RECORD}<br/>{ACTIVITY_STATS_LIST}
<!-- ENDIF -->

combuster

Post by combuster » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Thank you PayPas for reporting, I will fix it in 1.1.3! https://github.com/RobertHeim/phpbb3_1- ... s/issues/8

combuster

Post by combuster » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Hey everybody,

I need help for implementing "Permission Control" to make it adjustable who can see the stats.

1: Should I add a single permission or a permission set?

2. If I only use a single permission, I think I should assign it as default to registered users or so?

3. Also I am not quite sure how to implement the ACP part... should I only add the permission and the Admin can assign the permission only via Group/Users-Tab in ACP or should the extension provide a filed/list "who can see statistics" and then the list of users/groups?

Thanks!

PS PayBas: I fixed the html (master branch)!

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:17 am

Which ever way you go you will not satisfy everybody as there will always be somebody who will want it doing another way.

I would suggest one permission a group level should give enough flexibility for the majority of users.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

combuster

Post by combuster » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:50 am

Ok, I implemented the permissions like this:

in Activity Stats settings you can enable or disable permissions checking.
Disabled (default)=everybody can always see the stats (permission is ignored).
Enabled=use user permission "u_rh_activitystats_see_stats" which can be assigned to users and/or groups. By default its assigned to the roles ROLE_ADMIN_FULL, ROLE_USER_FULL, ROLE_USER_STANDARD.

I updated first post for the new pre-release 1.2.0-DEV including the changes and updated screenshots, good? :)

PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Not sure exactly what's going on, but your "who was here" functionality definitely doesn't capture all users who are visiting. I have clearly seen some users on the "who is online" section, which don't show up in the "who was here" section. Even after the cache interval has expired (set to the default 600s for me).

edit: Might be some weird server setup issue. I'll report back later.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”