[ABD] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Shredder
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by Shredder » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:34 pm

HiFiKabin wrote:
BrainStone wrote:It simply is not generated. No errors, nothing.
Same here. Installed perfectly, sync'd posts, but no sitemap :?:
Ask your hoster to enable mod_rewrite on the server. If it's enabled, ensure that .htaccess file in forum root directory is correct. See correct .htaccess in phpBB 3.1 package: https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/
bonelifer wrote:Make the "Excluded forums:" box at least twice as tall.
Ок.

BrainStone
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by BrainStone » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Shredder wrote:
HiFiKabin wrote:
BrainStone wrote:It simply is not generated. No errors, nothing.
Same here. Installed perfectly, sync'd posts, but no sitemap :?:
Ask your hoster to enable mod_rewrite on the server. If it's enabled, ensure that .htaccess file in forum root directory is correct. See correct .htaccess in phpBB 3.1 package: https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/
I have a nginx server. Not a apache server.

BrainStone
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by BrainStone » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Ok. I fixed it by manually converting all the .htaccess files to a nginx config.

User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 3989
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Swearing at the PC, UK
Name: James
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by HiFiKabin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Shredder wrote:
HiFiKabin wrote:
BrainStone wrote:It simply is not generated. No errors, nothing.
Same here. Installed perfectly, sync'd posts, but no sitemap :?:
Ask your hoster to enable mod_rewrite on the server. If it's enabled, ensure that .htaccess file in forum root directory is correct. See correct .htaccess in phpBB 3.1 package: https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/
mod_rewrite is enabled and htaccess is correct

3.1.1 on a Linux server

Shredder
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by Shredder » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:27 pm

BrainStone wrote:Ok. I fixed it by manually converting all the .htaccess files to a nginx config.
Good info.
Can you post here exact nginx instructions?

Does this service make a correct conversion?
http://winginx.com/en/htaccess

mod_rewrite part is:

Code: Select all

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
	RewriteRule ^(.*)$ app.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>
HiFiKabin wrote:mod_rewrite is enabled and htaccess is correct

3.1.1 on a Linux server
Forum is the same as that in the signature?

User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 3989
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Swearing at the PC, UK
Name: James
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by HiFiKabin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Shredder wrote:
HiFiKabin wrote:mod_rewrite is enabled and htaccess is correct

3.1.1 on a Linux server
Forum is the same as that in the signature?
yes

User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 3989
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Swearing at the PC, UK
Name: James
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by HiFiKabin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:04 pm

HiFiKabin wrote:
Shredder wrote:
HiFiKabin wrote:mod_rewrite is enabled and htaccess is correct

3.1.1 on a Linux server
Forum is the same as that in the signature?
yes
BTW the previous version worked as expected in 3.0.12 on the same server

Shredder
Registered User
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:56 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by Shredder » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:27 pm

Code of this version is not different from previous. The big difference is core of new phpBB. New phpBB version uses rewrite rules for such of mods, and this is the problem. I'm not too familiar with server management and thus have no idea why it's not working on your server, except for already suggested.

User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 3989
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Swearing at the PC, UK
Name: James
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by HiFiKabin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Strange. I'll keep on poking it and see if I can see why it won't work

BrainStone
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by BrainStone » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Shredder wrote:
BrainStone wrote:Ok. I fixed it by manually converting all the .htaccess files to a nginx config.
Good info.
Can you post here exact nginx instructions?
This is the relevant part:

Code: Select all

  location / {
    if (!-e $request_filename) {
      rewrite ^(.*)$ /app.php;
    }
  }
  
  location = /config.php {
    deny all;
  }
  
  location = /common.php {
    deny all;
  }
  
  location /cache/ {
    deny all;
  }
  
  location /config/ {
    deny all;
  }
  
  location /files/ {
    deny all;
  }
  
  location /images/avatars/upload/ {
    deny all;
  }
  
  location /includes/ {
    deny all;
  }
  
  location /store/ {
    deny all;
  }

  location ~ \.php$ {
    # Your personal php settings. They vary. But they have to be here!
  }

  # Important!
  location ~ /\.ht {
    deny all;
  }
(If your forum is not in the root directory you have to add the put the relativ path infort of every of the location statements except the last two. They stay the same.

Example: Your forum is at /forum/ (not /) so location = /config.php becomes location = /forum/config.php
Shredder wrote:Does this service make a correct conversion?
http://winginx.com/en/htaccess
Yes. I used it. I had to manually change some settings slightly but that is a minor issue.

I think this should be included in the install instructions. Could save a lot of users a lot of trouble!

User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 3989
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Swearing at the PC, UK
Name: James
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by HiFiKabin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:59 am

I've checked the checks, and mod rewrite is installed and working. htaccess is as written.

I've uninstalled, deleted data, reinstalled and its still not producing a sitemap

BrainStone
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by BrainStone » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:19 pm

HiFiKabin wrote:I've checked the checks, and mod rewrite is installed and working. htaccess is as written.

I've uninstalled, deleted data, reinstalled and its still not producing a sitemap
A little site note:

There won't be a file named sitemap.xml located in your root directory of your forum. BUT you will get it if you got to this address: http://hifikabin.me.uk/sitemap.xml

User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 3989
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Swearing at the PC, UK
Name: James
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by HiFiKabin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:08 pm

BrainStone wrote:
HiFiKabin wrote:I've checked the checks, and mod rewrite is installed and working. htaccess is as written.

I've uninstalled, deleted data, reinstalled and its still not producing a sitemap
A little site note:

There won't be a file named sitemap.xml located in your root directory of your forum. BUT you will get it if you got to this address: http://hifikabin.me.uk/sitemap.xml
So thats why I couldn't find it. I just assumed there would be a file in the root.

Thanks

aydun
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by aydun » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:42 am

Just installed this, works perfectly :)

However, is it possible to have an option to include the forum root (/phpbb3/index.php) in the site-map? And also possibly the domain root (/index.php)?
Thanks!

User avatar
GoBieN
Registered User
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:22 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: [BETA] phpBB3 SEO Sitemap

Post by GoBieN » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:04 pm

I have nginx webserver too, I have the rewrite rule for app.php in place, and all other extensions are working as expected.
My phpBB is installed in folder called /forum/
If I try to fetch site.com/sitemap.xml or site.com/forum/sitemap.xml I just get a 404 error.

When I look in the ACP on the settings page I see the following text.
Total amount of URL in sitemap:
But there is no number after it, does that mean it's not working?

Locked

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”