[ABD] Custom Navigation Bar v1.0.7

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
bubus66

Re: [ALPHA] Custom Navigation Bar v1.0.5

Post by bubus66 »

vipaka wrote:
bubus66 wrote:
vipaka wrote:
bubus66 wrote:Hi

The navbar mode to enter the lungs of links that drop down menu is.

Because when you enter the link to get this akkr /.//../ comes in how to enter mmutatnál an example?
I don't quite understand what you're asking.
The links are always from the root path directory, and whether they have ./ or ./././ or .../.././ they will always work if they are from the root directory. If you continue editing links over and over, you may get a stack of slashes but they will not affect your link, and you can always erase them.

If you want a link to be from another directory, just write ./directory_name/link_name in the url path.
Hi, thanks for the quick response
  Drop-down list missing please tell us what should be entered in order to operate the drop-down list. What you have selected the image which one can send a sample? How to enter the line to operate the drop-down list.

I really can't make heads or tails of what you are asking. That is gibberish.

The dropdown list is for selecting the first and second tier links if you want your link to be inside another link. It is fully functional, and the blank option default is just for links that you want to be parent links.

There are no images with this extension. There is nothing anywhere in this extension that sends samples either. If you're trying to ask what the link should be that goes into the area you have highlighted in your image, it should be something like "page.php" depending on what the page you're trying to link to is. The links provided in this mod only work from the root path of your website, so if you are trying to link to an external area (like phpbb.com) it will not work. For the time being, I'm leaving it like this while I become more familiar with writing extensions. The final version will default to the root path, but allow you to provide links outside of your own site as well.
Thank you

So the external lineket not handle. There will be one that will treat ur?
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

....What? Please reread or retranslate the paragraph I already wrote about it.
Curious about my work? See it for yourself.
biblexcursion

Post by biblexcursion »

I installed the navbar and installed ok although it will not add any links? When I add a link there is a message that tells me I am successful in adding link but it is not there on the list in admin panel or on board.
minimoibientot

Post by minimoibientot »

good evening

small bug:
the text hovers the mouse does not correspond to links

http://www.ltdp.fr - v3.1.3 + prosilver
wordpress :http://www.ltdp.fr/blog + worldsilver
pages + share on + board3 + rules + navbar + add user
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

minimoibientot wrote:good evening

small bug:

Thank you I will have this corrected in the next version.
biblexcursion wrote:I installed the navbar and installed ok although it will not add any links? When I add a link there is a message that tells me I am successful in adding link but it is not there on the list in admin panel or on board.
Please make sure you have the mod enabled. It should add the link the ACP regardless of whether you have it enabled or not, but it will only show on the board if it is enabled. If it isn't showing in the ACP, I suspect something went wrong during installation.
biblexcursion

Post by biblexcursion »

It was enabled and still not showing links. So I re-installed it and get the same problem. I put the link name and link then submit. It tells me link was added then when I go to links there is none there? I just have a message on the links that says this
This link does not have any child links
. But there is no link.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

biblexcursion wrote:It was enabled and still not showing links. So I re-installed it and get the same problem. I put the link name and link then submit. It tells me link was added then when I go to links there is none there? I just have a message on the links that says this
This link does not have any child links
. But there is no link.
If it installed properly, you should have a table in your database called phpbb_navbar. Check to see if that table exists, and if it doesn't, that is why your links are not being added correctly (improper installation issue). If that is the case, delete any former navbar migrations you might have from this mod and then disable and re-enable through the customization menu.
biblexcursion

Post by biblexcursion »

I tried all that and still does not show links. I used to use this on 3.0.12 and it worked well. Cannot add links for some reason. Is there a way to edit quick links?
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

biblexcursion wrote:I tried all that and still does not show links. I used to use this on 3.0.12 and it worked well. Cannot add links for some reason. Is there a way to edit quick links?
This is an extension for 3.1 not a mod for 3.0.x, so it should not work with anything prior to phpbb 3.1.
If your navbar table exists, the links are addable through the ACP interface that is created during installation/enabling. If it does not, your links will not be created. The only alternative method outside of deleting any previous migrations and re-installing this extension from scratch would be to manually add the links through the database SQL. In the navbar table, you'd insert new lines with the information about the new links, but it might be a bit difficult to do it by hand like that (not knowing what the parent link values are or should be). Most of the default values are 0.
In case its confusing what to look for with the table, go to your database and find the phpbb_migrations table. That table will have either one or two fields with the words "navbar" in it. Delete those two fields to erase the former migrations. You will want to uninstall the extension before doing this to fully remove it before re-installation. I know that a few people had issues with this extension when installing it off the original download link, which has hopefully been remedied for a while now, but just in case, this solution should work for them as well.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

For some reason I cant delete a link. I can edit it, move it but when I hit delete, ir refreshes to the settings page.

The only change I have made is to make the font bigger in the css

3.1.1 test install
lws96

Post by lws96 »

HiFiKabin wrote:For some reason I cant delete a link. I can edit it, move it but when I hit delete, ir refreshes to the settings page.

The only change I have made is to make the font bigger in the css

3.1.1 test install
The same happens to me as well. For some reason, everything seems to appear in triplicate when I add a link. I had to disable the extra link.

Additionally, can't there be a way to make any of these links a placeholder (e.g. it goes no where) but allows for the sub menu items to appear?

For example, have in the heading a "link" called "Food" that doesn't go anywhere, but underneath it will lead to "Fruit" and "Vegetables", and underneath "Fruits" is the actual link to "Apples"

Code: Select all

Food (no direct links)
	Fruit (no direct links)
		Apple (links to apple.html
		Banana (links to banana.html)
	Vegetables(no direct links)
		Carrots (links to carrots.html)
		Corn (links to corn.html)

And another thing I have noticed is that I cannot seem to mouse over to the 3rd tier link out in my test. The menu seems to disappear immediately after I move the mouse over the 2nd tier link.

I look forward to being able to link to outside the root path in a future release
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

I will investigate an patch the problem with deleting links. Adding an option for parent links to not be links will probably be available in a future release, I'll add it to the requested features.
Which style of menu is disappearing on the third tier on mouseover?
lws96

Post by lws96 »

vipaka wrote:I will investigate an patch the problem with deleting links. Adding an option for parent links to not be links will probably be available in a future release, I'll add it to the requested features.
Which style of menu is disappearing on the third tier on mouseover?
Originally, I was looking at the Horizontal Slider when I posted the problem. I went back and checked all three options and it seems I have difficulty navigating the mouse with Dropdown or Horizontal Slider. Being a CSS/HTML junkie that I am, I think there may be a missing or misplaced <ul> or <li>. I haven't looked at the code yet to see if I could spot the error, and with phpBB's own coding I could be wrong. :)
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

vipaka wrote:

small bug:

Not sure if this was corrected in the version I downloaded today
but the problem is still there it shows User Control Panel when I hover over a link.
also is it possible to have a line show under the link and the link turn red when it's hovered over (like all other links on the board)?
example hover over the heading in this post and it turns red and a line shows under it
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

wkuzma wrote:
vipaka wrote:

small bug:

Not sure if this was corrected in the version I downloaded today
but the problem is still there it shows User Control Panel when I hover over a link.
also is it possible to have a line show under the link and the link turn red when it's hovered over (like all other links on the board)?
example hover over the heading in this post and it turns red and a line shows under it
Haven't updated to a newer version since the last one, so none of the patches are in yet. I am out of town currently and likely won't have time to do more work on it for a few weeks yet.
As for the red line showing, yes. Go to the css file for the style you are using (root/ext/vipaka/navbar/styles/prosilver/theme/TYPE.css) and find the line that says "text-decoration: none;" and delete that line. The red underlining will return.

I will double check the ul/li mouse hover scripts.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”