[ABD] Custom Navigation Bar v1.0.7

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Tecwar

Re: [ALPHA] Custom Navigation Bar v1.0.5

Post by Tecwar »

Hi,

i cant install...´

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in C:\Testserver\root\phpBB3\phpbb\db\migrator.php on line 737

edit: v1.0.5
Last edited by Tecwar on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Last version (in ACP is 1.0.5) works. I mean I was able to install it, but I didn't test it yet.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

I have updated the installation package. For users who were having issues with it, you may need to delete your migrations table row for the navbar extension just so that the corrected installation will run (migrations will not run more than once per version).
Curious about my work? See it for yourself.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

Added 1 more CSS style to the options available, a pseudo-style to mimic the style phpbb uses (horizontal bar with bubble to display options with light gray background onhover). There are no db changes only file changes. Replace the files, clear the cache and the third style should be available through the ACP.

Of course, like all styles, this one's CSS can be easily edited through the CSS file (./ext/vipaka/navbar/styles/all/theme/phpbb.css). As of right now, there is no 'description' value for the links like phpbb has, because it isn't compatible with the other link styles but I might add one in the future. Three-tier links will still work in this style but I can't promise they will have ideal CSS.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Would be possible to add into the next version some default buttons? Something like "your first forum" in phpBB. Not sure why, but I'm not able to see created buttons and it would help.
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

Your navbar was just what I was looking for however I ran into a problem.
After all links were made i decided to delete one of the links
It would not delete the link and when I answered yes I would like to delete this link it grough me to the settings and did not delete the link. I tried it on the 7 other links I made and recieved the same result.
Otherwise thank you for this great extension.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

leschek wrote:Would be possible to add into the next version some default buttons? Something like "your first forum" in phpBB. Not sure why, but I'm not able to see created buttons and it would help.
I'll add some default links to the next version, but make sure you have the menu bar enabled to see the links.
wkuzma wrote:Your navbar was just what I was looking for however I ran into a problem.
After all links were made i decided to delete one of the links
It would not delete the link and when I answered yes I would like to delete this link it grough me to the settings and did not delete the link. I tried it on the 7 other links I made and recieved the same result.
Otherwise thank you for this great extension.
I will fix this in the next version. :) Thanks for letting me know.
idontwantausername

Post by idontwantausername »

Good extension. Although can change colour in css, should add option for this. And option to move navbar under header. Any current way to do this?

Thanks
wkuzma

Post by wkuzma »

your welcome and please let me know when the update is out
minimoibientot

Post by minimoibientot »

very good extension
thank you

would it be possible to add an option for links
eg only display links to some group ?

link visible only to admins and / or moderators
http://www.ltdp.fr - v3.1.3 + prosilver
wordpress :http://www.ltdp.fr/blog + worldsilver
pages + share on + board3 + rules + navbar + add user
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

idontwantausername wrote:Good extension. Although can change colour in css, should add option for this. And option to move navbar under header. Any current way to do this?

Thanks
There are 3 color options in the acp for the css of the bars. You can also edit the files directly, I provided a list of instructions in the first post. As for moving it under the header, this is not possible without an event which phpbb 3.1 currently doesn't have.
minimoibientot wrote:very good extension
thank you

would it be possible to add an option for links
eg only display links to some group ?

link visible only to admins and / or moderators
Yes possibly.
bubus66

Post by bubus66 »

Hi

The navbar mode to enter the lungs of links that drop down menu is.

Because when you enter the link to get this akkr /.//../ comes in how to enter mmutatnál an example?
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

bubus66 wrote:Hi

Because when you enter the link to get this akkr /.//../ comes in how to enter mmutatnál an example?
I don't quite understand what you're asking.
The links are always from the root path directory, and whether they have ./ or ./././ or .../.././ they will always work if they are from the root directory. If you continue editing links over and over, you may get a stack of slashes but they will not affect your link, and you can always erase them.

If you want a link to be from another directory, just write ./directory_name/link_name in the url path.
bubus66

Post by bubus66 »

vipaka wrote:

The links are always from the root path directory, and whether they have ./ or ./././ or .../.././ they will always work if they are from the root directory. If you continue editing links over and over, you may get a stack of slashes but they will not affect your link, and you can always erase them.

If you want a link to be from another directory, just write ./directory_name/link_name in the url path.
Hi, thanks for the quick response
  Drop-down list missing please tell us what should be entered in order to operate the drop-down list. What you have selected the image which one can send a sample? How to enter the line to operate the drop-down list.

vipaka

Post by vipaka »

bubus66 wrote:
vipaka wrote:

Hi, thanks for the quick response
  Drop-down list missing please tell us what should be entered in order to operate the drop-down list. What you have selected the image which one can send a sample? How to enter the line to operate the drop-down list.

I really can't make heads or tails of what you are asking. That is gibberish.

The dropdown list is for selecting the first and second tier links if you want your link to be inside another link. It is fully functional, and the blank option default is just for links that you want to be parent links.

There are no images with this extension. There is nothing anywhere in this extension that sends samples either. If you're trying to ask what the link should be that goes into the area you have highlighted in your image, it should be something like "page.php" depending on what the page you're trying to link to is. The links provided in this mod only work from the root path of your website, so if you are trying to link to an external area (like phpbb.com) it will not work. For the time being, I'm leaving it like this while I become more familiar with writing extensions. The final version will default to the root path, but allow you to provide links outside of your own site as well.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”