[ABD] Ultimate Points v0.0.2

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Solidjeuh
Name: Andy Dm

Re: [DEV] Ultimate Points v0.0.1

Post by Solidjeuh » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:01 am

vipaka wrote:
Solidjeuh wrote:Just 1 question, Will users loose their current points when updating from 3.0 ?
If you install a fresh installation of this extension and then use a SQL import for the users table data, no. Otherwise, yes. The issue isn't that the mod won't carry the points over to the extension, but more than the data is stored in your unique field of the users table, which while it will exist in this extension, will be created from nothing. So unless its imported, that data will be gone.
As for more updates, no I've been very busy lately. I'll try to find time to work on this soon.
Ok thank you, and take your time
I know it's a big extension :D
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Joost01
Name: Joost

Post by Joost01 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:32 pm

How long do you need for the (beta) relaease? :D

vipaka

Post by vipaka » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:14 am

Joost01 wrote:How long do you need for the (beta) relaease? :D
Right now, I have a controller page (no auth, no functionality, no listener), all the ACP pages (no functionality, no listener), and the database tables set up properly. I need to get the listener working properly (which I posted a help thread about that has yet to receive help), get the auth working properly (the new permissions exist in the database already but I don't know the correct syntax for 3.1), and test the functionality for every feature in this extension once all that is done. Then I need to import default values for most of those database fields. Then this can go into alpha with a download. After its been alpha for a while and I've debugged any issues people post, then I can move it into beta.

So...don't hold your breath. I'm working hard on porting this one forward but it is a massive mod/extension, and if I put up a download for it right now all it would do is generate the database correctly and confuse everyone and give me a headache since even though the pages exist, they are not functional.

vipaka

Re: [DEV] Ultimate Points v0.0.2

Post by vipaka » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:17 am

vipaka wrote:
Information: Currently I have the migrations set up correctly to install the necessary tables, modules, permissions, and config values for this mod. I also have the listener (bugged), ACP main module, controller pages, addition of points to the page header links, and correct styles complete, although using the ACP to change the database values is not functional yet. This mod may take a while to convert fully to an extension.

Sshadow
Name: Chris C.

Post by Sshadow » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:07 am

Many thanks for taking on this project :)

Joost01

Post by Joost01 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:49 pm

vipaka wrote:
Joost01 wrote:How long do you need for the (beta) relaease? :D
Right now, I have a controller page (no auth, no functionality, no listener), all the ACP pages (no functionality, no listener), and the database tables set up properly. I need to get the listener working properly (which I posted a help thread about that has yet to receive help), get the auth working properly (the new permissions exist in the database already but I don't know the correct syntax for 3.1), and test the functionality for every feature in this extension once all that is done. Then I need to import default values for most of those database fields. Then this can go into alpha with a download. After its been alpha for a while and I've debugged any issues people post, then I can move it into beta.

So...don't hold your breath. I'm working hard on porting this one forward but it is a massive mod/extension, and if I put up a download for it right now all it would do is generate the database correctly and confuse everyone and give me a headache since even though the pages exist, they are not functional.
Thank you for your information, good luck with this! :)

Regards Joost

Joost01

Post by Joost01 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:42 pm

When is the download? :D
I have need this for my forum. :oops:

Joost01

Post by Joost01 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:45 pm

When can we expect the download?
I have this need for my forum. :?
Thank you very much.

Regards Joost

JacquelineHyde
Name: Lindsey Hewett

Post by JacquelineHyde » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Very excited for this Extension! Grateful to have knowledgeable extension writers... I've tried my hand at it and suffice to say, I suck.

vipaka

Post by vipaka » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Haven't had time to work on it lately. I'll post an update as soon as I have an estimate for when the first DL will be up.

Joost01

Post by Joost01 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:43 am

vipaka, have you a update over this extension?
I have needed this for my forum i build a Harry Potter forum and i will ''Galleons'' (coins) for the forum shop. xD :D

How long have you needed for the beta release? :)

vipaka

Post by vipaka » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:12 am

Small update: ACP -> Database for the config and points values is 100%. So now configuration data can be stored properly and you can set up whatever unique combo of points features you want, however those configs don't reflect actual results except in the case of enabling/disabling things and sending points to groups. Most of the configs (points for posts, polls, edits, robbery, lottery deadlines etc) will require individual events which I have not had the time to write yet. But the database, permissions, ACP, and listener are complete and tested, with the main controller page at around (EDIT) 85% completion. Right now its looking it will be a while before the listener events are finished due to the sheer number of lines required for them.

vipaka

Post by vipaka » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:59 am

I've put up a git of the copy of the ext I have finished so far. This is by no means a fully functional copy, but it does include the basic setup that will be used in later versions. I do not recommend this be installed on any live boards as it is a dev copy and meant only to be used by those who have an interest in helping develop it further.
https://github.com/vipaka/phpbb3.1_ultimate_points

Sankuri

Post by Sankuri » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 am

Thank you for this immense undertaking, and I can't wait to see a fully functional release :)

Like others have mentioned I'd also love to see a shop mod update as well, but this is great.

perrinoia
Name: Perrin Tysor

Post by perrinoia » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:19 pm

This sounds like a fun thing to add to my forums... Are there any live demos I can play with while I wait for an official release?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”