[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

What's your PHP version? I suspect you might be running an ancient version.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.3.

SüKûT

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by SüKûT »

JoshyPHP wrote:What's your PHP version? I suspect you might be running an ancient version.
PHP version: 5.3.28
phpBB version: 3.1.1

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Ok, I posted an update that works on PHP 5.3.

https://github.com/s9e/phpbb-ext-mediae ... 41106b.zip

SüKûT

Post by SüKûT »

JoshyPHP wrote:Ok, I posted an update that works on PHP 5.3.

https://github.com/s9e/phpbb-ext-mediae ... 41106b.zip

jOOc

Post by jOOc »

Really nice extension, love it!

Is it possible to make the video containers responsive so they fits great on mobile?

moviehive
Name: Aaron T

Post by moviehive »

How do you change the width of the videos

jOOc

Post by jOOc »

jOOc wrote:Really nice extension, love it!

Is it possible to make the video containers responsive so they fits great on mobile?
As I'm only using youtube and vimeo vids for the moment I was able to make the videos responsive using jQuery and http://fitvidsjs.com/

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Meis2M wrote:can u add the http://www.aparat.com/ too?
denis4o wrote:Could you please add support for vbox7.com (video sharing site).
I'll have to think about adding those. In the meantime, judging by their embed code you should be able to make a custom BBCode for them. Try asking in the Custom BBCodes forum.
moviehive wrote:How do you change the width of the videos
You can't.
jOOc wrote:Is it possible to make the video containers responsive so they fits great on mobile?
You could add iframe { max-width:100% } to your stylesheet, that would help with overflow. Otherwise, the only "responsive" technique I see being used for that kind of content requires to know its aspect ratio in advance. That's something I'd like to implement at some point but that's not something I will tackle in the foreseeable future. That FitVids.js might be a better solution.

jOOc

Post by jOOc »

JoshyPHP wrote:You could add iframe { max-width:100% } to your stylesheet, that would help with overflow. Otherwise, the only "responsive" technique I see being used for that kind of content requires to know its aspect ratio in advance. That's something I'd like to implement at some point but that's not something I will tackle in the foreseeable future. That FitVids.js might be a better solution.
Great to hear you looking into this. But I must say that fitvids, and with the use of max-width in the css workes great at the moment.

Another thing I was thinking is if you are planing on doing some more configuration options for this? I would like to see an option to use thumbnails together with a *box (thickbox, colorbox and so) library.

denis4o

Post by denis4o »

JoshyPHP wrote:
denis4o wrote:Could you please add support for vbox7.com (video sharing site).
I'll have to think about adding those. In the meantime, judging by their embed code you should be able to make a custom BBCode for them. Try asking in the Custom BBCodes forum.
I have created a custom BBCode, but It would have been nice to see that supported in this great mod as well.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

jOOc wrote:Another thing I was thinking is if you are planing on doing some more configuration options for this? I would like to see an option to use thumbnails together with a *box (thickbox, colorbox and so) library.
I don't think I'll add any configuration to this extension because it would require creating admin pages and that would be too much work for me.

jOOc

Post by jOOc »

JoshyPHP wrote:I don't think I'll add any configuration to this extension because it would require creating admin pages and that would be too much work for me.
Ok then I now, thank you for the quick reply.

draky
Name: Gilles W.

Post by draky »

Nice ext !

Does it uses a third-party server ?
Like "universal video bbcode" from 3.0 MOD ?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

It uses the embed code published by the respective site. Usually in the form of an iframe (preferred) or a Flash applet. A couple of sites that require arbitrary scripts to be executed are displayed within an iframe hosted on GitHub. That's because I don't want to inject third-party scripts into the page as I see them as a liability. The four sites that use this technique are Facebook, Gist, Google+ and Twitter. You can find the source for the iframes on GitHub: https://github.com/s9e/s9e.github.io/tree/master/iframe

For example: http://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min ... 1359994880

draky
Name: Gilles W.

Post by draky »

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”