[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
User avatar
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor
Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:28 am

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

What's your PHP version? I suspect you might be running an ancient version.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.3.

SüKûT
Registered User
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Türkiye
Contact:

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by SüKûT »

JoshyPHP wrote:What's your PHP version? I suspect you might be running an ancient version.
PHP version: 5.3.28
phpBB version: 3.1.1

User avatar
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor
Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:28 am

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

Ok, I posted an update that works on PHP 5.3.

https://github.com/s9e/phpbb-ext-mediae ... 41106b.zip
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.3.

SüKûT
Registered User
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:50 am
Location: Türkiye
Contact:

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by SüKûT »

JoshyPHP wrote:Ok, I posted an update that works on PHP 5.3.

https://github.com/s9e/phpbb-ext-mediae ... 41106b.zip
Thanks :shock: awesome :)

User avatar
jOOc
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:12 am

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by jOOc »

Really nice extension, love it!

Is it possible to make the video containers responsive so they fits great on mobile?

User avatar
moviehive
Registered User
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:08 am
Name: Aaron T

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by moviehive »

How do you change the width of the videos

User avatar
jOOc
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:12 am

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by jOOc »

jOOc wrote:Really nice extension, love it!

Is it possible to make the video containers responsive so they fits great on mobile?
As I'm only using youtube and vimeo vids for the moment I was able to make the videos responsive using jQuery and http://fitvidsjs.com/

User avatar
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor
Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:28 am

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

Meis2M wrote:can u add the http://www.aparat.com/ too?
denis4o wrote:Could you please add support for vbox7.com (video sharing site).
I'll have to think about adding those. In the meantime, judging by their embed code you should be able to make a custom BBCode for them. Try asking in the Custom BBCodes forum.
moviehive wrote:How do you change the width of the videos
You can't.
jOOc wrote:Is it possible to make the video containers responsive so they fits great on mobile?
You could add iframe { max-width:100% } to your stylesheet, that would help with overflow. Otherwise, the only "responsive" technique I see being used for that kind of content requires to know its aspect ratio in advance. That's something I'd like to implement at some point but that's not something I will tackle in the foreseeable future. That FitVids.js might be a better solution.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.3.

User avatar
jOOc
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:12 am

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by jOOc »

JoshyPHP wrote:You could add iframe { max-width:100% } to your stylesheet, that would help with overflow. Otherwise, the only "responsive" technique I see being used for that kind of content requires to know its aspect ratio in advance. That's something I'd like to implement at some point but that's not something I will tackle in the foreseeable future. That FitVids.js might be a better solution.
Great to hear you looking into this. But I must say that fitvids, and with the use of max-width in the css workes great at the moment.

Another thing I was thinking is if you are planing on doing some more configuration options for this? I would like to see an option to use thumbnails together with a *box (thickbox, colorbox and so) library.

denis4o
Registered User
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:38 am
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact:

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by denis4o »

JoshyPHP wrote:
denis4o wrote:Could you please add support for vbox7.com (video sharing site).
I'll have to think about adding those. In the meantime, judging by their embed code you should be able to make a custom BBCode for them. Try asking in the Custom BBCodes forum.
I have created a custom BBCode, but It would have been nice to see that supported in this great mod as well.

User avatar
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor
Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:28 am

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

jOOc wrote:Another thing I was thinking is if you are planing on doing some more configuration options for this? I would like to see an option to use thumbnails together with a *box (thickbox, colorbox and so) library.
I don't think I'll add any configuration to this extension because it would require creating admin pages and that would be too much work for me.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.3.

User avatar
jOOc
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:12 am

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by jOOc »

JoshyPHP wrote:I don't think I'll add any configuration to this extension because it would require creating admin pages and that would be too much work for me.
Ok then I now, thank you for the quick reply.

User avatar
draky
Registered User
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:04 pm
Location: France
Name: Gilles W.
Contact:

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by draky »

Nice ext !

Does it uses a third-party server ?
Like "universal video bbcode" from 3.0 MOD ?

User avatar
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor
Posts: 1091
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:28 am

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

It uses the embed code published by the respective site. Usually in the form of an iframe (preferred) or a Flash applet. A couple of sites that require arbitrary scripts to be executed are displayed within an iframe hosted on GitHub. That's because I don't want to inject third-party scripts into the page as I see them as a liability. The four sites that use this technique are Facebook, Gist, Google+ and Twitter. You can find the source for the iframes on GitHub: https://github.com/s9e/s9e.github.io/tree/master/iframe

For example: http://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min ... 1359994880
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.3.

User avatar
draky
Registered User
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:04 pm
Location: France
Name: Gilles W.
Contact:

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by draky »

Thanks :)

Locked

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”

cron