[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

I'm afraid the site's reach is too small to justify the work it would take to support it, sorry.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2+.

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by ..777.. »

JoshyPHP wrote:I'm afraid the site's reach is too small to justify the work it would take to support it, sorry.
Ok.

:D
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

A new version has been uploaded. From now on, all embeds are designed to be responsive. The default size for videos has been upgraded to 640 ✕ 360 and it will automatically scale down to accomodate smaller screens.

As always, a few sites have been updated and dead sites have been removed.

If there is a feature you want to see implemented or a site you want to see added and you want to sponsor their development, feel free send me a private message. I usually reply the same day.
kamaleon

Post by kamaleon »

Thanks, and how to update it?

Overwriting the files?
This is a test signature. I hope you love it :D
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Yes, you just unpack the new archive and overwrite your old files.
joedevivre

Post by joedevivre »

Joshy would it be possible to publish the bbcode for imgur,I don't want to add this extension as I already have all the bbcode for the sites I want,But I can't find the html to bbcode for imgur anywhere,I assume because you have it listed that you have it worked out?
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

The extension doesn't use BBCodes. The code used to parse Imgur URLs and embed their content is too complex for the BBCode system.
deco_portugal

Post by deco_portugal »

Really impressive extensions. How can we add a website ?

I am from France, so I want to add french website for my user. How can I do it?
DriverGeo

Post by DriverGeo »

Best app ever! :o
Thank you so much. :) Now people can listen my radio recordings on forum.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

deco_portugal wrote:Really impressive extensions. How can we add a website ?

I am from France, so I want to add french website for my user. How can I do it?
Unfortunately it's not possible to add your own media sites.
DriverGeo wrote:Best app ever! :o
Thank you so much. :) Now people can listen my radio recordings on forum.
Glad you like it.
deco_portugal

Post by deco_portugal »

Why? How do you do it?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the point is that unless you understand how to create extensions and how this one works exactly, you can not add them yourself. he would have to make a new version with each site that someone would like to have added and unless it is a very popular site it is not worth the effort and time etc.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

What Lumpy said. The configuration is hardcoded in the extension, that's why you can't add your own sites.

In 3.2, it will be possible to add your own sites in PHP using the s9e\TextFormatter API.
eddyrc7

Post by eddyrc7 »

Hey I just wanted to say thanks, this worked really well on my new forum.

best,
poenn

Post by poenn »

This is a great extension, but I have a question.

Is it possible to disable some of its supported sites? In my case we get little Amazon Product images with Buy-Buttons whenever a user posts a link from Amazon. My Adblocker (rightfully) does not show these. At first I thought the user just forgot to post the link, until I saw it on my iPhone which currently does not use an adblocker.

I know that I could just configure an exception, but I would still prefer regular links. It makes posts longer than they need to be. So is there a way to keep all the other sites like YouTube while just disabling Amazon Products? Or do I have to wait until phpBB 3.2?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”