[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
rrbailey89

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by rrbailey89 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:04 am

Amazon does not seem to be working.. idk if its just with pbtech style but the test links listed on the github page on the first post for amazon dont show anything.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:36 am

You probably have an adblocker that prevents Amazon products from being displayed. If you visit the same page with a new profile without any extensions installed, you should see the Amazon embed fine. Most adblockers come prepackaged with huge blocklists that prevent some non-advertising content such as Amazon embeds. I'm not aware of any other site from this add-on being blocked but Amazon is definitely one of them.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2.

rrbailey89

Post by rrbailey89 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:00 am

JoshyPHP wrote:You probably have an adblocker that prevents Amazon products from being displayed. If you visit the same page with a new profile without any extensions installed, you should see the Amazon embed fine. Most adblockers come prepackaged with huge blocklists that prevent some non-advertising content such as Amazon embeds. I'm not aware of any other site from this add-on being blocked but Amazon is definitely one of them.
interesting.. you were correct.. I had no idea amazon products would appear as "ads" on .. is there anyway to prevent them from tripping adblockers?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:46 am

No. If you take a look at your adblocker's configuration you may find that it contains dozens of entries that block all kinds of Amazon-related content. If there was another way to display Amazon products, they'd just block that too.

Personally I'd advise against using blocklists. They're huge and they slow down everything. Instead I manually block the most obnoxious ads.

Dodots

Post by Dodots » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:05 am

I updated my forum and installed your extension today, it's working great apart from Gfycat links display zoomed in for the first playthrough, and then they get resized properly after that.

Dodots

Post by Dodots » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Is it possible to make the Youtube videos a little larger somehow? Please explain simply, thank you.

Nully

Post by Nully » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:15 pm

I would like Youtube videos (and others) a little smaller, if possible.

Dodots

Post by Dodots » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Nully wrote:I would like Youtube videos (and others) a little smaller, if possible.
I'm no coder, but I think I found out how, edit MediaBBCodes.php in the embed extension and look for "public static function renderYoutube($vars)", there you can change the width and height.

WARNING, I AM N00B SO THIS MIGHT BE WRONG, SO BACKUP FIRST!

Dodots

Post by Dodots » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Nully wrote:I would like Youtube videos (and others) a little smaller, if possible.
I'm no coder, but I think I found out how, edit MediaBBCodes.php in the embed extension and look for "public static function renderYoutube($vars)", there you can change the width and height.

Backup first as I'm not sure if this is right.

Nully

Post by Nully » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:45 pm

I'm more noob than you :mrgreen:
I don't have "MediaBBCodes.php"

Dodots

Post by Dodots » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:48 pm

Think I downloaded an old version, oops! I'll try to find the new one and method lol.

In the new version the settings are in rendering.php but I'm having a hard time finding the string to edit, it's a lot more jumbled and harder to follow for us non coders so we may need to wait for someone who knows PHP to help.

If anyone can help with the correct string for youtube and imgur (gifv) that would be great, I want to make those bigger. I'll post if I work it out myself.

Nully

Post by Nully » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Best thing is to wait JoshyPHP

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Generally you shouldn't edit any of those PHP files. What you can do is set the size in CSS. I assume you'd have to edit your style but if you don't know how you'll have to ask in the general support forum.

Then you can add this to set the size of YouTube videos: (the default is 800, this example sets it at 400)

Code: Select all

[data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube"] { max-width: 400px !important; }
If you want to make all embeds bigger or smaller:

[data-s9e-mediaembed] { max-width: 600px !important; }
Last edited by JoshyPHP on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nully

Post by Nully » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Thank you :)

michael8t6

Post by michael8t6 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:39 pm

JoshyPHP wrote:There's no interface to set those values. If you feel like editing listener.php, you can replace this line:

return MediaPack::render(base64_decode($m[1]));
...with this:

return MediaPack::render(base64_decode($m[1]), ['AMAZON_ASSOCIATE_TAG_DE' => 'foo-20']);
having the same issue, tag=_

Made the changes you suggested in this post and also the one for the outdated php. Neither work and still get the above issue.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”