[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

A couple of files where missing from the archive. I've just published an update that should fix it but I'm unable to test it locally at the moment so please try it out and report whether it fixes the issue.

https://github.com/s9e/phpbb-ext-mediae ... 160204.zip
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.3.

El_Lagarto

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by El_Lagarto »

JoshyPHP wrote:A couple of files where missing from the archive. I've just published an update that should fix it but I'm unable to test it locally at the moment so please try it out and report whether it fixes the issue.

https://github.com/s9e/phpbb-ext-mediae ... 160204.zip
Looks like it's working now. Thanks!

null2

Post by null2 »

Solved, thanks!
Sorry for my bad english. I'm from USA.

sysz
Name: Kimmy Lindell Ekström

Post by sysz »

Same here, imgur works again.
Currently working on the community

sysz
Name: Kimmy Lindell Ekström

Post by sysz »

JoshyPHP will steam be added to the ext in the future?
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbco ... ame_embed/
Currently working on the community

richey

Post by richey »

Can anyone help me out - I've entered the values for AMAZON_ASSOCIATE_TAG etc. in rendering.php, but when posting an Amazon link, the "tag" value is still empty in the rendered embedded link. How can I fix this?

thanks, r.

(p.s. I've also emptied the cache, so that's not the reason I guess)

Tom49er

Post by Tom49er »

Hi,

YouTube playlist is still not working on iPhone. Can you fix it please? Thank you

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

sysz wrote:JoshyPHP will steam be added to the ext in the future?
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbco ... ame_embed/
No, it's better handled with a custom BBCode.
richey wrote:Can anyone help me out - I've entered the values for AMAZON_ASSOCIATE_TAG etc. in rendering.php, but when posting an Amazon link, the "tag" value is still empty in the rendered embedded link. How can I fix this?
Impossible to tell. Send me your modified rendering.php file and I'll take a look but I don't think it'll help.
Tom49er wrote:YouTube playlist is still not working on iPhone. Can you fix it please? Thank you
Create a new post with a playlist link. If it doesn't work, go to your database (e.g. with phpMyAdmin) and retrieve the post content as it is stored and send it to me.

richey

Post by richey »

Hi Joshy,

thanks for your reply. Looks like you can't be contacted by PM - here is the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/unibsc8l600kw ... g.zip?dl=0 . My Amazon ID is rlf ... as it looks to me, I've added it correctly. No idea whatsoever why it doesn't get added in the Amazon links. Can you help?

kind regards
richey

LePaul5

Post by LePaul5 »

First, thank you! This was a cinch to install and make work

It does YouTube beautifully

However, following the screen shot sample you posted, I could not get it to do the nice previews for Twitter posts? Just posted an ordinary URL link

Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa »

what url did you use for the tweet?
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë

LePaul5

Post by LePaul5 »

Puchahawa wrote:what url did you use for the tweet?
My bad, my cut and paste was strictly the URL...not the intended Status line. Phew!

Tom49er

Post by Tom49er »

Hi,
Playlist is still not working on iPhone. It opens to YouTube windows not like desktop, laptop and iPad when I click on it.

Laptop and iPad:

phpMyAdmin:

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Tom49er wrote:Playlist is still not working on iPhone. It opens to YouTube windows not like desktop, laptop and iPad when I click on it.
That's not something that I can control. Anything that happens inside the iframe (the video) is outside of my control.

LePaul5

Post by LePaul5 »

One thing I am noticing is that I can embed but regular users are not...is there some magic toggle somewhere for Registered users?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”