[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

It follows exactly the same rules as magic links. As long as "Do not automatically parse URLs" is not checked in the posting editor (below the text box) then it should be auto-embedded.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.3.

LePaul5

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by LePaul5 »

Joshy, where in the ACP can I check that?

I just used my Registered User Test account to attach a video and it embedded fine. It did not for another. I'm a bit stumped.

LePaul5

Post by LePaul5 »

null2

Post by null2 »

How about support for videos in sapo.pt? Example: http://videos.sapo.pt/T88UndznYSC0ivvZGkrd
Sorry for my bad english. I'm from USA.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

The videos part of the site doesn't seem to be very popular so it doesn't seem like a good fit for this extension. You'll be better off making a custom BBCode for it.

Tom49er

Post by Tom49er »

Hi,
That's not something that I can control. Anything that happens inside the iframe (the video) is outside of my control.
The problem come from PHPBB 3 1.7PL not iframe (the video)

I am testing on WordPress and PHPBB

WordPress is working well on iPhone
http://swapvn.com/vuc-tham-tinh-yeu/

PHPBB is not working well
http://swapvn.net/dien-dan/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=1999

I hope this problem can be solved

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Tom49er wrote:I hope this problem can be solved
Maybe, but not by me. I don't have an iPhone and both pages work fine in my browsers. :/

richey

Post by richey »

Hi Joshy,

thanks for your reply. Looks like you can't be contacted by PM - here is the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/unibsc8l600kw ... g.zip?dl=0 . My Amazon ID is rlf ... as it looks to me, I've added it correctly. No idea whatsoever why it doesn't get added in the Amazon links. Can you help?

kind regards
richey

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

richey wrote:No idea whatsoever why it doesn't get added in the Amazon links. Can you help?
I looked at your file and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I don't know why it doesn't work for you, sorry. I don't know why you couldn't send me a pm either, I receive those fine usually.

Also, please do note that the extension does not apply retroactively, only to new posts or newly-edited posts.

unicorn75

Post by unicorn75 »

edit:

I am using this extension and it works fine exept it seems like the signature settings are influencing it. If I want there a max height of pictures at the signature the same height is working here for example twitter videos, it looks very strange with 500x200 ;-)

so any ideas where this comes from?

(sorry for my bad english)
Last edited by unicorn75 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

unicorn75

Post by unicorn75 »

LePaul5 wrote:
Can't open this?
sorry seems my cat was sending it, I had two browser windows open as she jumped on the laptop

s_nobody

Post by s_nobody »

hi! i have some problem with rendering content from archive.org :

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

unicorn75 wrote:If I want there a max height of pictures at the signature the same height is working here for example twitter videos, it looks very strange with 500x200 ;-)

so any ideas where this comes from?
Probably an issue with your CSS selector being too broad.
s_nobody wrote:hi! i have some problem with rendering content from archive.org
If you post the URL I will look into it at some point in the future.

s_nobody

Post by s_nobody »

JoshyPHP wrote: If you post the URL I will look into it at some point in the future.
okay,
eg

Code: Select all

https://archive.org/details/dna_177_anatoly_khvostishko_berdetovka

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”