[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Space Pipeline

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by Space Pipeline » Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am

Pls add this site http://goodgame.ru/channel/Pomi/autoplay/

Code: Select all

<iframe frameborder="0" width="800" height="450" src="http://www.goodgame.ru/player.php?pomi"></iframe>

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun May 22, 2016 10:04 am

Sorry but that site has an audience too small to be added. You should try making a custom BBCode for it.
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2.

Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak » Sun May 22, 2016 10:30 am

I know the sole purpose of this is to not need bbcodes but is it possible to make it work as a bbcode?
Like maybe [s9eparse]url here[/s9eparse]

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun May 22, 2016 10:36 am

Anything's possible but why would you want to do that?

Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak » Sun May 22, 2016 10:44 am

Just so it's not confusing to the members. Like I want to be sometimes able to post the YouTube links directly than to embed then everytime.
If I have that bbcodeish setup I can get rid of default buttons from ABBC3 and just have this set up. Much neater :)

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun May 22, 2016 10:55 am

It would be simple to add a [media] BBCode in phpBB 3.2 but 3.1 is different and it would require more time than I can spare. For the time being, you can always post links using the [url] BBCode.

Rhino.Freak

Post by Rhino.Freak » Sun May 22, 2016 11:06 am

JoshyPHP wrote:It would be simple to add a [media] BBCode in phpBB 3.2 but 3.1 is different and it would require more time than I can spare. For the time being, you can always post links using the [url] BBCode.
That's alright I'll wait till 3.2 :) Many thanks!

rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:59 am

This extension adds very good usability.
It would be nice to have some customizing/extendability option though, like as simple as dropping some file(s) with desired service(s) definition(s) to the extension folder.
But that's just a side note. Thanks.

trilo
Name: Trilo Byte

Post by trilo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:23 pm

I've installed the update, everything's running smoothly.

This seems pretty polished and stable, is there something holding it up from getting officially released?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:53 am

rxu wrote:This extension adds very good usability.
It would be nice to have some customizing/extendability option though, like as simple as dropping some file(s) with desired service(s) definition(s) to the extension folder
The configuration cannot be altered in 3.1 because it runs on the equivalent of a read-only version of the library. It would be possible to change the configuration in 3.2 but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to add a UI for it.
trilo wrote:This seems pretty polished and stable, is there something holding it up from getting officially released?
I'm keeping its status as "beta" because I've had issues with the test suite and the validation script thing that may have to wait for 3.2 to be fixed.

fifth-column

Post by fifth-column » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:37 pm

How do I embed google docs with this? I cant figure it out.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:17 am

You post the URL and it works.

Mauron

Post by Mauron » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:27 am

Hi JoshyPHP,
recently phpBB Rhea reached RC1 stage; since a release candidate is not supposed to add new features (and since your extension is long-tested already), would you mind to get to RC stage as well so the extension will be soon available for Ascraeus users as well?
Keep in mind that validation queue is quite the long one.

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:44 am

@Mauron I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to achieve. You can install the extension on 3.1 or 3.2, it will work just about the same. What would be the benefits of calling it RC?

Mauron

Post by Mauron » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:27 am

What's the benefit of keeping it here sitting?
If you mark the extension as beta it means that something's still off and it looks not to be the case of this extension.
The only reason I can think of about not marking this extension as RC and submitting it to CDB is the fact that it may be validated twice for 3.1 and 3.2.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”