[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Omen

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by Omen » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:08 pm

JoshyPHP wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:48 am
@Omen If you have access to the command line interface you can reparse everything at once.
Could you explain a little more? I run phpbb on my dedicated windows server so I have full access to everything. What exactly do you mean by reparsing through command line?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:39 pm

There's a CLI available via bin/phpbbcli.php. Here's the doc, the actual command is this:

Code: Select all

bin/phpbbcli.php reparser:reparse
Options are listed in the CLI help. As always, make a backup of your DB, etc...
I wrote the thing that does BBCodes in 3.2.

libralion

Post by libralion » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Josh,
Just updated my boards to 3.2. I have the latest version of your extension.
But the youtube videos don't show.
When I post a new post with a youtube link it does work, but the old youtube links don't show.
I use the normal youtube link with the https.
Here is a post in which you can see it: http://patriciakaas.nl/forum/viewtopic. ... rt=5#p1546
(and to avoid confusion, I also have older youtube videos with the bbcode [youtube] etc. They display fine too.)

When I edit the link to http it works. But until now it also worked with https. Isn't that possible anymore?

The Dailymotion and VK videos display fine too.
What can I do?

Johanna

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:41 pm

The extension doesn't work retroactively. If the extension was installed after the link was posted then it will not transform it into a video.

However, as part of the 3.2 upgrade every post gets reparsed as if it was edited and re-saved. It happens progressively in the background. I expect this link to turn into a video when that specific post is reparsed.

In the meantime, you can edit the post and re-save it to replace the link. You may have to add or remove a non-whitespace character from the post to force its reformatting.

libralion

Post by libralion » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:43 pm

JoshyPHP wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:41 pm
The extension doesn't work retroactively. If the extension was installed after the link was posted then it will not transform it into a video.

However, as part of the 3.2 upgrade every post gets reparsed as if it was edited and re-saved. It happens progressively in the background. I expect this link to turn into a video when that specific post is reparsed.

In the meantime, you can edit the post and re-save it to replace the link. You may have to add or remove a non-whitespace character from the post to force its reformatting.
Ok I understand. And when does that reparsing of posts take place?

Johanna

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:59 pm

Normally it works quietly in the background and starts right after you upgrade. I'd expect it to be done within a day or two depending on the size of the forums and the speed of the server.

libralion

Post by libralion » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:02 pm

JoshyPHP wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:59 pm
Normally it works quietly in the background and starts right after you upgrade. I'd expect it to be done within a day or two depending on the size of the forums and the speed of the server.
Ok thanks for explaining. I will wait for that then. Saves a lot of work.
And thanks again for this extension. It is great! :D

Johanna

Schtorsch

Post by Schtorsch » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:26 pm

How can I deactivate one of the codecs?

I am using [break] in my forum as a BBCode. With the new version all my links are broken - they were displayed as a picture-link from break.com... I don´t want this. What ist to do?

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:35 pm

I don't know. For the moment I'd recommend downgrading to the previous version.

Waltons72

Post by Waltons72 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi Joshy,

is there a way to re parse the my board for your extension as it would take a long time to go through the entire board to edit the page and re save it also my server host has the ssh disable

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:01 pm

When you upgrade to 3.2, it reparses everything. Other than that I don't think there's a user interface to do that.

Waltons72

Post by Waltons72 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi

Just quick question do you know of a PHPBB tool to strips all the old

(youtube] URL {/youtbue]
from all extention posts or tool to create a cron job to rum to automatic strips the youtube tags from existing posts thanks

JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:16 am

If you can run the CLI tools, there's a command named reparser:reparse that does that. Otherwise no, there's no UI for that.

michael8t6

Post by michael8t6 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:51 am

Hi Joshy,

Just updated to 3.2 and installed the latest version of your extension. Once I updated, I had the same issue as others, videos not showing as well as Amazon links not being parsed.

I've managed to fix the youtube videos and thought I had fixed the amazon issue. However, I woke up this morning and discovered the amazon links are not working again. As far as I know, I've changed nothing since it was last working. I have no bbcode with the name "amazon".

I do have a couple of links that are still being parsed from before the update, however, they're now deleting the affiliate tag from the url.

I#ve edited the listner.php since the update and added the line

return MediaPack::render(base64_decode($m[1]), ['AMAZON_ASSOCIATE_TAG_UK' => 'resellersfo07-21']);
as you advised last time, hoever, this still doesn't make the tag appear. I've tried editing the post to reparse it and also tried deleting the cache.

michael8t6

Post by michael8t6 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:05 pm

I've uninstalled the ext and re-installed, the amazon links are now being parsed correctly, however, it's still not appending the affiliate idea after the tag. I've triple checked the code and nothing seems to be wrong with it?

The url I'm getting when I click teh link is:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Emporio-Armani-unicolor-Short-Sleeve-T-Shirt/dp/B004ZPYJG2/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=_&linkCode=w00&linkId=&creativeASIN=B004ZPYJG2

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”