[ABD] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by JoshyPHP »

Most of the code is tied to the code that ships with phpBB so in a way, you don't really have to update this add-on. Keeping it up to date is a good idea, though.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
reneapec

Re: [BETA] s9e/mediaembed - Embed videos and third-party content without a single BBCode

Post by reneapec »

pardon the necro - i just found this extension and it works soooo well (i used it with a google spreadsheet)! i want to give thanks and praise to the author for making this :thumbs_up: aaaand i also wanted to ask if theres a chance it will ever support google forms :P

Thanks so much again!
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

Glad you like it. No, Google Forms are meant to be used on their own page by design, they shouldn't be embedded.
reneapec

Post by reneapec »

Hey thanks for the quick reply ;) Gotcha about google forms. I ask only to give my members greater convenience. I may still experiment with bbcode-html-embedding for that / hope that's okay :grin:

Thank you again!
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

JoshyPHP wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:37 am You can download the file from GitHub but I cannot provide any support for that kind of use.

https://github.com/s9e/TextFormatter/bl ... ection.php
Can you please tell me where to add this file?
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

I do not have the resources to provide personalized support. Forget that this file exists.

I will now mark this extension as [ABD] (Abandonned). I expect it to keep working for the entirety of the phpBB 3.1 and phpBB 3.2 life, and media site definitions will keep being updated independently as part of the s9e\TextFormatter library but no new development is planned for this extension.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”